2025-MAPD & PDP what does your Crystal Ball say?

Do you really think we'll see the end of marketing money and overrides? I really like my upline support haha, would hate to lose it.

All I can go on is the past 3 yrs. 90% of what Cms proposed in the past 3 yrs in the initial draft rule was in the final rule . Hard for me to believe cms detailed all these changes on compensation , overrides and marketing money to level the playing field and they just delete them all . We’ll see in about 2-3 weeks I’d estimate.This is the start of my 4th yr in Medicare and the amount of solicitation by phone , net ads , door knocks , mail , people soliciting at venues is up 5 fold I’d say since 4 yrs ago . I’m spending massive time on retention fielding calls about “ all the benefits they see advertised “ and saving plans being flipped . I feel like I have 1000 machine guns mowing down 100 k Chinese soldiers an hr and they keep coming .

Had a meeting with our wellcare rep yesterday, he is under the impression that CMS are already talking about walking back that final rule for 2025... Time will tell
The knowledge of 90% of reps is embarrassing to be honest . 80% of my reps knew nothing about cms proposed rules in past yrs . I’d highly doubt a WellCare rep knows what cms is doing when the top fmo’s are blind right now

All I can go on is the past 3 yrs. 90% of what Cms proposed in the past 3 yrs in the initial draft rule was in the final rule . Hard for me to believe cms detailed all these changes on compensation , overrides and marketing money to level the playing field and they just delete them all . We’ll see in about 2-3 weeks I’d estimate.This is the start of my 4th yr in Medicare and the amount of solicitation by phone , net ads , door knocks , mail , people soliciting at venues is up 5 fold I’d say since 4 yrs ago . I’m spending massive time on retention fielding calls about “ all the benefits they see advertised “ and saving plans being flipped . I feel like I have 1000 machine guns mowing down 100 k Chinese soldiers an hr and they keep coming .
Yeah last year was my first year in the Medicare space. I have a small book now and get the occasional question about the the “extra benefits” they keep getting calls about. But the marketing money I get from my upline has been a Godsend. Coming from a he who not shall be named mlm style agency where I was paying out the ying yang for leads with below street comp.

Not to say I’d leave the space if the overrides and marketing money stopped but I sure enjoy having it. I’d like to eventually grow an agency down the line once my book is past the 500 mark.

Yeah last year was my first year in the Medicare space. I have a small book now and get the occasional question about the the “extra benefits” they keep getting calls about. But the marketing money I get from my upline has been a Godsend. Coming from a he who not shall be named mlm style agency where I was paying out the ying yang for leads with below street comp.

Not to say I’d leave the space if the overrides and marketing money stopped but I sure enjoy having it. I’d like to eventually grow an agency down the line once my book is past the 500 mark.

It depends what type book your building . If you’re mostly using leads I’d say you have a high % of low income .As your book gets to 400,500,800 and over 1000 you must write higher and higher amounts to even keep it level . If you’re doing all mapd that’s very high service . I get around 10 calls from clients daily . If marketing money and overrides disappear recruiting will cease outside a few with loa’s. I have stout renewals now so I’m good going forward no matter what . The avg agent should build a 400 book in 4-5 yrs as with mapd you’re looking at about 87% persistency ,. A 400 active book is writing 150-175 a year for 4-5 yrs

It depends what type book your building . If you’re mostly using leads I’d say you have a high % of low income .As your book gets to 400,500,800 and over 1000 you must write higher and higher amounts to even keep it level . If you’re doing all mapd that’s very high service . I get around 10 calls from clients daily . If marketing money and overrides disappear recruiting will cease outside a few with loa’s. I have stout renewals now so I’m good going forward no matter what . The avg agent should build a 400 book in 4-5 yrs as with mapd you’re looking at about 87% persistency ,. A 400 active book is writing 150-175 a year for 4-5 yrs
Currently 90% MAPD 10% Med Supp. But not working leads. I work seminars that I host. The folks I work with are definitely a step up from what I was used to dealing with in the FE market. Not rich but not poor. Middle class you could say.

Honestly don’t really receive many calls as of now I think due to my automated emails that go out every month. I stay in front of them.

But I know what you mean about continuing have to write more every year to keep the book level. I figured as the years go on I would need to continue to write at least 10% new business to keep the book level between people dying and changing agents.

Had a lady call me today bc her husband is stuck on the .50 Wellcare PDP and takes Eliquis. Had to pay the 545.00 ded and now 300.00/month. Want to go on the MAPD her parents have that pays so well. Has A and B Medicare with nothing else other then Wellcare PDP. Said we will get together in October. These stand alone drug plans suck compared to MAPD’s. Can’t imagine how they will be next year.
Maybe you did but in these situations, and even my PDP Wellcare clients, I have many of them using The Canadian Medstore. You get 3 months for $225 delivered to your door. That's $75 per month all year. Next year with the $2K cap it may not be as beneficial but until then...

I have a strong belief that with the $2K cap you will see most of the $0 premium MAPD plans have a coinsurance attached to tier 3 and higher. It's coming.

I wish I could accomplished this. I’m assuming having a good up line is important to being able to build a Decent book after 4-5 years.

I wish I could accomplished this. I’m assuming having a good up line is important to being able to build a Decent book after 4-5 years.
I don't think that's true in all scenarios. It depends on how you are set up and what your client base looks like. I think if you're calling all over the place, buying leads, and trying to do it quickly, you probably need a lot of resources and support.

I know some Medicare agents who don't advertise, aren't listed online and only take referrals that have books that big.

If you grow organically and locally, you can be the person that everyone knows as "THE Medicare agent." But that typically takes time that most people aren't willing to spend to grow.

At the end of the day, your upline can't do it for you. You have to be invested and hungry and work your tail off to start and the rest will come. It's not guaranteed but it's hard to fail.

Back