3 Mark Financial

skay

Expert
I am a newbie and thinking about working with them. Need more info, has anyone worked with them? Thanks.

Do they have a website?

Plenty of other companies to choose from.

I am having problem posting the URL website based on forum rules, I haven't made 10 posts on here yet. It is the name of the company don't include Financial. 3mark.com

Looks like they're established enough. What type of an offer are they making you?

She said they are a financial organization not a marketing organization?? See below, said they have a direct mail contact for FE that for 1000 pieces ($450) 3.6% average response rate. On Mortgage Protection $33 a week for 100 names/ phone numbers to contact. She indicated you just fill out one form and they contact all Carriers, to get you setup. On the phone she stated commission level 100% - 115% depends on the carrier. [FONT='Cambria','serif']What is standard on a Producer Set-up packet, bank info etc? Thanks.[/FONT]

[FONT='Cambria','serif']"Attached is the Producer Set Up Packet that will need to be completed for contracting. You will be at the GA Level or more Contract with each of the following carriers:"
[/FONT]

[FONT='Cambria','serif']AIG / American General[/FONT]
[FONT='Cambria','serif']American Equity [/FONT]
[FONT='Cambria','serif']Americo[/FONT]
[FONT='Cambria','serif']Great American[/FONT]
[FONT='Cambria','serif']Assurity[/FONT]
[FONT='Cambria','serif']Aviva Annuity[/FONT]
[FONT='Cambria','serif']Banner Life[/FONT]
[FONT='Cambria','serif']Fidelity Life[/FONT]
[FONT='Cambria','serif']Foresters[/FONT]
[FONT='Cambria','serif']Genworth Life and Annuity[/FONT]
[FONT='Cambria','serif']Genworth Life[/FONT]
[FONT='Cambria','serif']IA American (formerly American Amicable)[/FONT]
[FONT='Cambria','serif']Met Life[/FONT]
[FONT='Cambria','serif']Mutual Of Omaha / United of Omaha[/FONT]
[FONT='Cambria','serif']Protective Life[/FONT]
[FONT='Cambria','serif']Prudential[/FONT]
[FONT='Cambria','serif']Transamerica[/FONT]

I'm gonna call BS on that response rate on the DM and $33 for 100 names to call is $0.33/record and I'm at $0.059. Not sure what else they're doing to qualify it, but the contract levels don't seem bad and the price on dropping the direct mail isn't bad.

What kind of training? It's all about the training.

Said they have online training.

That's not really enough. If you're going to sell life insurance you need some pretty thorough training that you're not going to get from a computer screen.

I really appreciate your input, I have interviewed several places and because I need flexibility to care for an elderly parent that is why I was leaning toward indy. AGLA has a 26 wk training program.
I originally was going to sign on with NAA until I read all the negative info and read their contract which makes you responsible for your down lines charge backs and unpaid leads. I interviewed this week with 3 companies AGLA, Dignity Memorial (FE) and for a captive Horace Mann agent who needs a life insurance agent. I really liked the Horace Mann option but the pay is low (70% the 50% split they get from Horace Mann) - the other two are also captive but offer benefits). The other option was Securus, they would take me out for a few days training, but the commission level is like 65% and they want you to build a team, they sound like NAA.

Do you think one of these, would be a better option for me vs. indy or do you have another company you can suggest? Any advice is greatly appreciated.

It's always nice to have someone asking for advice and not flatly dismissing it.

First, let's address the issue of the elderly parent. Needing the flexibility to do that is understandable, but it could really hurt you. If you need to find help with that then you may need to make some other sacrifices.

NAA really isn't a good deal for a lot of reasons. There are a lot of good companies that get trashed on here pretty hard so I wouldn't let that be the beginning and the end of it, but it's certainly a consideration.

Going on the rode with Securus could give you some great training and the commission level isn't bad. Too many agents get hung up on wanting "top contracts" and end up making little or nothing because they don't have the support they need in terms of training and leads. It's a corny and overused line, but half of something is better than 100% of nothing. In this case, 65% of 3k a week is better than 100% of 1k a month.

You might find that the AGLA is a good program to get started with.

The reality is there aren't many good uplines that offer good training for an indy and a part of the reason why is this obsession with top contracts and guaranteed releases. I've invested more time than I care to think of training many agents only to have them move on to what they think was greener and greater. Sometimes it works out for them, most of the time it doesn't, but overall agents tend to get hung up on commission percentages vs the important stuff, specifically training and lead generation. I started off at AIL where they gave me a pile of "crappy leads" and "low commissions" on "uncompetitive products" and I made $7k my first month. I'm the exception and I don't say that to be boastful, but it's more of a testament to the fact that if you get a good lead system and a good training program even a punk kid out of college and living in his parents house can do well. I made a hell of a lot more than I would have on even twice the contract level and trying to figure everything out on my own. Longterm it wasn't a good fit because what the good Lord giveth, the good Lord taketh and I went from having 100 leads every two weeks to having 10 leads a week, and I just couldn't feed myself on that.

You should probably join ILIAA and poke around some of their video training. It's either $1 or free to join for the first month and it has some great content on there and can help you get your ideas going.

Life insurance, especially if you're doing term, UL and WL, is a product that is complicated to sell correctly. It can easily take three months to train an agent right and a year before they're fully independent.

Your two biggest challenges as a new agent are going to be (1) getting in front of people and (2) learning how to present well to them. If you want to be successful, those are the two challenges you'll have to address.

Back