31, looking to make a career change.

Whats going on everyone,

I am as green as they come when it comes to the insurance business.

I live in Miami, Fl and for the last 5 years I have been selling cruises for a major cruise line. I just recently left the company as I wanted to change, the industry has been shaken up since Covid and I was never able to pass 90k for the year in income. A comfortable living no doubt but I see the potential and flexibility that the insurance industry can offer.

I want to get into the insurance business and build a book and am so overwhelmed and lost. I currently have my life/health license but have no clue where to start. A buddy of mine makes a killing with a company called US Health Advisors not sure if I should start there? A lot of the companies that reach out to me also feel very "MLM" structured. Which I wouldn't mind BUT i am not too interested in recruiting, I am more interested in producing and writing business and being well mentored and trained on how to build a insurance business. I applied to Liberty Mutual as an Outbound Sales rep but I didn't get selected however, most people tell me this is not the best way to start as I will eventually want to go independent.

Anyways, just want to know what is the best route to start take, this is gonna sound crazy but I feel like I am starting this career late in life and am far behind. Any tips/guidance/resources will be VERY much appreciated.

Final expense, while not a easy business is a good place to start. Doesn't take a tremendous amount of product knowledge but those that work iy make a much better than average income. Doug Massi is in your area. Reach out to himr. He is agentguy5 on the forum.

It's an exciting industry once you get your bearings! You may want to check out ConsumerCoverage's Agent Marketplace. There are a lot of good resources there.

Back