63 Yr. Old Stent 8 Mos Ago

shonceman

Guru
1000 Post Club
Is it possible to get immediate benefit for this guy? Age 63, stent placed 8 mos ago, takes Carvedilol & hbp meds. I found an old thread suggesting American Memorial. Is that still a viable option? Any others? He wants 50k, but I'll bet he'll take less if he has to.

Ran across the same thing last week and the only company that I could find that would write him after 12 months was Assurity. Cheaper for him to wait a few months before buying.

Ran across the same thing last week and the only company that I could find that would write him after 12 months was Assurity. Cheaper for him to wait a few months before buying.

When I run across this I write them a small policy now and then come back later to write IMM.

TransAmerica will give full coverage after 12 months

I get him to agree to ROP of a smaller amount now with the idea that if he has another knock event prior to his 12 month Mark we will be starting all over so why now get the clock ticking now

Is it possible to get immediate benefit for this guy? Age 63, stent placed 8 mos ago, takes Carvedilol & hbp meds. I found an old thread suggesting American Memorial. Is that still a viable option? Any others? He wants 50k, but I'll bet he'll take less if he has to.

I think AmMem changed their app when they went exclusive with Securus. Doesn't matter if they didn't Unless you are with Securus you can't write AmMem now.

I think AmMem changed their app when they went exclusive with Securus. Doesn't matter if they didn't Unless you are with Securus you can't write AmMem now.

Securus has their own version. Theirs was different even when the broker version was available. Their version never took those cases or several other things that ours would. But ours had higher premiums.

Like you said. It no longer matters because only Securus has any version now but it has no advantages for anything except the ease of clean-sheeting for those so inclined.

Word of advice to everyone: Any time you see an American Memorial policy out there that was written within the past 2-years you can pretty much assume it was clean-sheeted over 50% of the time. At least it appears that way to me. I had a Securus agent tell me (and I think he believed it) that conditions that they have had for over 1-year (like COPD) can answer no to the questions about having. They only have to answer yes if they were 1st diagnosed within the past 12-months. He was very upset that one of our agents replaced his policy with one with a higher premium (that the person actually qualified for.)

Securus has their own version. Theirs was different even when the broker version was available. Their version never took those cases or several other things that ours would. But ours had higher premiums.

Like you said. It no longer matters because only Securus has any version now but it has no advantages for anything except the ease of clean-sheeting for those so inclined.

Word of advice to everyone: Any time you see an American Memorial policy out there that was written within the past 2-years you can pretty much assume it was clean-sheeted over 50% of the time. At least it appears that way to me. I had a Securus agent tell me (and I think he believed it) that conditions that they have had for over 1-year (like COPD) can answer no to the questions about having. They only have to answer yes if they were 1st diagnosed within the past 12-months. He was very upset that one of our agents replaced his policy with one with a higher premium (that the person actually qualified for.)
Thanks for the input everybody. I didn't know about AmMem being exclusive now. The prospect actually took out 20k with LH 5 months ago, not too long after the stent. I suspect some clean sheeting. He declined to let me see the policy. He used to be a debit agent, so I'm wondering if he's turning a blind eye & taking his chances on getting through contestability in order to pay a lower rate. In any case he's not interested in a replacement, he was wanting additional for legacy fund. I'm not going to clean sheet or even "fudge" on a health question, so this might be a lost cause. I did get a 50k app on his fiancée, though, so there's that.

Doesn't matter if they clean sheet it or not. From what I could see, American Memorial rescinded anything inside two years anyway.

The only place they really shined was for those over 80. But the comp was horrible, the interview was worse than Assurity, and they denied it all anyway.

Back