Replacement for 77yr old

tippingpoint

Super Genius
I just came across a couple that purchased a MOO policy it appears to be level for $25k @ $198 a month. She's 77 years old, Texas, non-smoker. He said they can't afford it and just bought it a couple of months ago. The husband is a retired funeral director so he's aware of the cost of a funeral and what it might be in the future so they went for the $25k. I was on the phone with the husband the wife wasn't there, they submitted a lead I just called to set an appointment but the husband started unloading right there. If I can get a gameplan I'm sure I can get in the door they live a few miles away.

Any suggestions? None of the my carriers show to be less expensive.

I just came across a couple that purchased a MOO policy it appears to be level for $25k @ $198 a month. She's 77 years old, Texas, non-smoker. He said they can't afford it and just bought it a couple of months ago. The husband is a retired funeral director so he's aware of the cost of a funeral and what it might be in the future so they went for the $25k. I was on the phone with the husband the wife wasn't there, they submitted a lead I just called to set an appointment but the husband started unloading right there. If I can get a gameplan I'm sure I can get in the door they live a few miles away.

Get in front of both of them and find out what they want to do. If they can't afford $25,000, can they afford $15,000? Are they healthy enough for fully underwritten? Do they live in a state where you have a company that will beat MOO's rates on $25,000? So many variables but nothing happens until you get in front of them and find out how healthy they are and what their budget is.

You had way too much discussion on the phone if you know that much about their situation.

SLAC and CF both beat that with FE. Trinity FU is $159/mo.

And that’s not the right price for mofo. Unless she’s had a birthday since taking it out.

Or it’s mofo’s GI?

Last edited:
I got slac and cf around $187 and moo $203 . Fb $204 . Moo looks competitive. Slac and cf got strict undwriting . Your angle here is to rewrite with a new $15 k with another company . My real question is who’s your upline? He’s overriding your big . Your asking very basic questions that they should be answering. Make them earn that override.

Are the stuck on a full box funeral or are the thinking of going in a can to save money?

JD is correct... don't sale on the phone... sit down and smell each other's breath as you investigate. It's as much about emotion as it is money.

Husband said she got it recently. I'm showing moo at current age (77) and $203.97 level. And moo not available at graded or GI.

Mofo definitely sells GI $25K at that age.

The other problem you have is that you are dealing with a know nothing know it all funeral director

Back