A hmmmmmm question on MLM

Cornelius

Guru
1000 Post Club
For the most part the MLM concept was introduced to the industry by the A.L. Williams organization. My hmmmmm question is what do people think the industry would be like today if the MLM concept were never brought into the industry?

A tough question but hmmmmm..

For the most part the MLM concept was introduced to the industry by the A.L. Williams organization. My hmmmmm question is what do people think the industry would be like today if the MLM concept were never brought into the industry?

A tough question but hmmmmm..
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. :skeptical:

Pyramid schemes pre-date MLM. And that’s all a MLM is. A legal way to do a Ponzi (pyramid) scheme is a MLM.

While it doesn't have to be, that is what most MLMs devolve into. As MLMers like to point out, many businesses operate with a leveled structure. Ever see a manufacturer with distributors, franchisees and such? The difference is, at most levels, the owners are smart enough to understand business and that there has to be a profit at their level. Also, many businesses have started rolling up their distribution networks and actually own most of the local distributors. Soft drinks and beer have been doing this for well over a decade now.

Pyramid schemes pre-date MLM. And that’s all a MLM is. A legal way to do a Ponzi (pyramid) scheme is a MLM.

If that is the case or definition, we in the insurance business might have started MLM or Ponzi. Company hires Agent, who becomes sales manager who becomes General Agent who become Region Director who hires appoints a General Agent, who hires sales managers & recruiters who recruit & train new agents.

New agents make a sale, Sales Managers get an override, General Agent gets an override, Regional Director gets an override.

As much as I dislike Primerica & ALW, the chassis of most traditional insurance companies is not that much different. Albeit, the traditional methods focused much more on the sale of the product compared to the sale of getting more people to buy into the system

If that is the case or definition, we in the insurance business might have started MLM or Ponzi. Company hires Agent, who becomes sales manager who becomes General Agent who become Region Director who hires appoints a General Agent, who hires sales managers & recruiters who recruit & train new agents.

New agents make a sale, Sales Managers get an override, General Agent gets an override, Regional Director gets an override.

As much as I dislike Primerica & ALW, the chassis of most traditional insurance companies is not that much different. Albeit, the traditional methods focused much more on the sale of the product compared to the sale of getting more people to buy into the system

Many companies let you go direct. With a MLM you sign up under someone and they get paid by you paying money and signing up. They don’t make much by selling their products and are taught everyday to sign up your friends.

I know this is not new info to you and I do agree that some insurance companies are set up this way. But, I only choose to be in a hierarchy for the benefits of lower seminar cost. Otherwise, I would just go direct.

As much as I dislike Primerica & ALW, the chassis of most traditional insurance companies is not that much different.

Every agency manager, GA, sales manager, etc I have known progressed through the ranks by personal production, not recruiting.

ALW/Primerica has very little personal production beyond F&F and almost everyone advanced because of recruiting.

what do people think the industry would be like today if the MLM concept were never brought into the industry?

A lot fewer part time folks peddling a product they know nothing about but are taught a sales pitch of selling the dream of great wealth.

Back