A Little Help From Arizona Agents?

ohtobnaz

Expert
Does BC/BS of AZ allow you to take your under 65 policy with you when you move out of state? If they do will they adjust the premium or do you pay AZ rates?

mad expensive from what I hear better to see if you can get a new individual plan that is underwritten in your new state by far.

No portability, a downside of the blues. Your choice is probably a new underwritten plan or an expensive guarantee issue.

My clients 3 year old daughter will get rated up big time most likely as the condition is undiagnosed and she is puffing on Albuterol. At first I thought for sure there would be smokers in the house, but not.

Their rate is high for Iowa but not so bad when you consider the claims they are making, trying to find the condition, and what it will cost to change them.

Here in Iowa I can send folks out of state with their blues as long as they never make any changes to it.

How long will they be able to keep their present policy, do you think?

The BCBSAZ Individual/Family suite of plans is not portable. If you're traveling outside AZ, you have the BlueNet network of doctors nationwide. But if you RESIDE elsewhere, you lose the coverage. Most of the Blues in differing states have an agreement, however, that you can "transfer" from AZ BCBS to the new state's BCBS. However the "transfer" is similar to conversion coverage - expensive and limited.

Back