A New Taxpayer Bailout to Cover Up ObamaCare’s Failure?

Obamacare was designed to fail from the start. In spite of what the Obama choom gang told the public, and carriers, they knew exactly what would happen. If the program was sound there was never any need for a govt bailout. If the carriers were bright enough they never would have bought into the pile of horse hockey and would have either bowed out before the starting whistle (and several did), put out rate designed to support the risk (if that was even possible) or bought private reinsurance. A combination of stupid voters (Gruber's term), ignorant Congress critters, and naive insurance carriers created this mess. Now the rest of us have to clean out the stable.

You mentioned to me before that this is exactly where Obamacare was headed, almost exactly to the letter. Curious to learn how you we able to predict it.

Next question, why was it set to fail? Do you think the major players and architects are incompetent or do you think ACA was done set up this way with the actual goal of sliding in single payer system from the start?

Sent from my iPhone using InsForums

If the carriers were bright enough they never would have bought into the pile of horse hockey...

My feeling exactly . Why did the insurers not read the fine print of the reinsurance program? They are insurance experts. Did they not understand the contract language? I read the law and it's obvious. Some blame Rubio for sticking to the law, but you really have to blame the framers of the law, and the insurers who bought into it.

My feeling exactly . Why did the insurers not read the fine print of the reinsurance program? They are insurance experts. Did they not understand the contract language? I read the law and it's obvious. Some blame Rubio for sticking to the law, but you really have to blame the framers of the law, and the insurers who bought into it.

Horsehocky.

The law said you are going to get X.

Rubio attached an amendment to a bill, so they only got Y.

You can blame the framers all you want for this POS, but this one isn't the insurers fault.

However, if you want to talk about how bad they screwed up the 2014 numbers, thats a different conversation.......

Horsehocky.

The law said you are going to get X.

Rubio attached an amendment to a bill, so they only got Y.

You can blame the framers all you want for this POS, but this one isn't the insurers fault.

However, if you want to talk about how bad they screwed up the 2014 numbers, thats a different conversation.......

I respect you, and your viewpoint, but I disagree. Here's a paragraph from PolitiFacts that sums it up well:

"All the rider did is say, ‘If you’re going to go scrape the couch cushions for money to pay for this, don’t,’ " Nicholas Bagley, a University of Michigan law professor, told PolitiFact Florida. "The Rubio rider is preventing the administration from coming up with a workaround to a problem the law already had."

Here's a longer explanation from the article. It pretty well points out that Rubio made CMS follow the law. The framers did it this way (in the midnight hour, behind closed doors) to circumvent CBO calculations.

Rubio says he prevented a $2.5 billion taxpayer bailout for Obamacare | PolitiFact Florida

I respect you, and your viewpoint, but I disagree. Here's a paragraph from PolitiFacts that sums it up well:

"All the rider did is say, ‘If you’re going to go scrape the couch cushions for money to pay for this, don’t,’ " Nicholas Bagley, a University of Michigan law professor, told PolitiFact Florida. "The Rubio rider is preventing the administration from coming up with a workaround to a problem the law already had."

Here's a longer explanation from the article. It pretty well points out that Rubio made CMS follow the law. The framers did it this way (in the midnight hour, behind closed doors) to circumvent CBO calculations.

Rubio says he prevented a $2.5 billion taxpayer bailout for Obamacare | PolitiFact Florida

My only comment about this is.......

It's horse HOCKEY, not hocky.:swoon:

Back