A question about captive contracts

Well that would be a good move here in IN because humana is the worst plan here and I think it should be illegal for people to sell it. There main selling feature in there silver sneakers program (what a joke) and they have a 5000 Out of pocket maximum. 2 times what the other plans are

Amen to that

I think it is safe to assume, there is a "Buyer Beware" story with every insurance company in business. I'm just looking for some place to start. Which company do your represent?

DO you work in the senior market? Do you know that CGI is no longer owned by Ceres? I use CGI for med supps and life, not thier major med. Actually I am mostly using united teachers now through great american but I ee nothing wrong with CGI. Here in IN bankers and cgi were neck and neck on premiums until 2 yrs ago when bankers got a 30% INCREASE! Then CGI kicked butt until united world came around. THen CGI recently got a large increase so they came out with a plan H that is $80 a month...still not too shabby. You also get paid in 3 days. the policy gets issued in like 24 hours.

Yes that is the right site, but there isn't any info on there about the career side.? Make sure you tell them thats what you are interested in. The products we are using here in indiana are dental, med supp, ltc,med advantage, final expense, annuites(fixed and indexed). I might be leaving some out.

About your E&O, you should check into NAPA. If you contract with Great american senior benefits you can get NAPA's E&O for less than $40 per month. Thats OUTSTANDING. I don't think you can get anything better at bankers's but then again it probably depends on the office you are with. Bankers is not competitve with us in IN though.

Who did you talk to at gafri?

Is there not a career site or at least a career page for gafri? Every other company has one.

Frank,
How did your captive place find out you had other contracts? I have heard that in ohio that it is public info showing who you are contracted with. Here in IN that is not the case.

Can you call up a company to see if someone is contracted with them, or is that protected info.

In Louisiana anyone can go on the state DOI website and research what companies agents are appointed with and I'm sure it's the same for many other states.

Well that would be a good move here in IN because humana is the worst plan here and I think it should be illegal for people to sell it. There main selling feature in there silver sneakers program (what a joke) and they have a 5000 Out of pocket maximum. 2 times what the other plans are

GAFRI has some of the worst supp plans in LA and they should be illegal to sell here ;) Come on, give me a break. Humana's plans are the "best" in some areas of my state and the "worst" in some others. But a big thing to consider with PFFS is whether the provider will accept it. Some plans look great on paper, but are not widely accepted and many of the providers have still never heard of them. The agent should not have to play the role of provider relations too. Also, there are some plans like Sterling who have no OOP limit at all.

I dont see how I miss read it? Why don't you explain it more...Looks to me like you are saying it should be illegal to sell their supps there? I am trying to help newguy out with a good career place and it seems to me you are dogging on them. I myself do not like career places but I think this one by far is the best one because they have multiple companies and amost of the offices are kicking butt.

Its irritating seeing people post comments with no backing leaving everyone to guess what they mean or just trying to get a rise.

Back