AARP 50-64 plans

Update:

Got a call from Aetna today. They say I will not be allowed to sell their AARP Individual plan (AARP Essential Premier) in MO because it is not my resident state.

As the story goes, the Hartford is customer service for AARP and has made it clear that non-resident agents are not to sell these products.

AARP has contracted with UHC and Aetna to offer the Indemnity plans, UHC for the mini-meds (AARP Essential and Essential Plus), and Aetna for the full comp (Premier). The UHC DSU says they will not allow an agent to sell any of them unless appointed and certified for all three.

Apparently it is Aetna that doesn't want non-resident agents selling these plans (or it could be AARP that has made the request, I'm not sure). Anyway, this shoots me down on this product line because the AARP plans are not available in my resident state of KS.

No one at UHC understands this. I went through 3 months of paperwork, course training, exams, etc. to get to this point. :mad:

With only 3 carriers involved, I think they need a few more... just to get things straigtened out!:twitchy:

I am going to be allowed to write the Aetna 50-64 plan, at least in California. The plans are the same as the non-AARP Aetna plans but actually cost a few bucks more! rated myself on the 5000K HSA plan: $218 vs. $192. Haven't compared the underwriting guidelines though.

Rick

I am going to be allowed to write the Aetna 50-64 plan, at least in California. The plans are the same as the non-AARP Aetna plans but actually cost a few bucks more! rated myself on the 5000K HSA plan: $218 vs. $192. Haven't compared the underwriting guidelines though.

Rick

Good for you, Rick! You are a licensed CA agent, not a non-resident agent. The information on rates is interesting, though. It looks like AARP might be adding an override on the Aetna product....?

Back