• Do you have any victories you'd like to share for the month of May? Help us celebrate others by posting here.

Aca Question . How would you handle this

DonP

Guru
1000 Post Club
Girls age 19 . Her parents are clients . They must have applied for health ins for 4 kids and them 2-3 years ago as when i pull up her ss # all old applicants comes up .I’m trying to write just on the girl by herself . Do i have to call the marketplace with the mother and strip the 3 siblings off the old app so just the 19 year old girl comes up and i can write her

Girls age 19 . Her parents are clients . They must have applied for health ins for 4 kids and them 2-3 years ago as when i pull up her ss # all old applicants comes up .I’m trying to write just on the girl by herself . Do i have to call the marketplace with the mother and strip the 3 siblings off the old app so just the 19 year old girl comes up and i can write her
Need more info buddy, but if there are no active applications under anyone in the family, and the 19yr old is eligible for SEP, then it depends on who is claiming her, and the income of her or the household.

If no tax credits, just write the 19 yr old on her own application, with her as primary and move on. If tax credits, and being claimed, then you need to add parent on as primary, not needing insurance.

Need more info buddy, but if there are no active applications under anyone in the family, and the 19yr old is eligible for SEP, then it depends on who is claiming her, and the income of her or the household.

If no tax credits, just write the 19 yr old on her own application, with her as primary and move on. If tax credits, and being claimed, then you need to add parent on as primary, not needing insurance.
She works so her own app and credits . She has under 150% sep plus she just lost Medicaid . So i can go on health sherpa and edit the app and pull all the others off and write her?

She works so her own app and credits . She has under 150% sep plus she just lost Medicaid . So i can go on health sherpa and edit the app and pull all the others off and write her?
I'm not able to totally understand the scenario you are laying out.

Everything YA said is correct. Is the 19 yr old a dependent on the family taxes or is she filing herself? If a dependent, she has to be on the family marketplace app.

If there is no active policy for anyone in the family, write a whole new app w 19 yr only since filing single. This assumes she is filing and claiming herself on taxes

If there is no active policy for anyone in the family, write a whole new app w 19 yr only since filing single. This assumes she is filing and claiming herself on taxes
When I pull her social security # up all the family’s old app with all there info appears . Do I just go to edit on Health sherpa and erase everyone’s ? How do I start a new fresh app for her on Sherpa ?

When I pull her social security # up all the family’s old app with all there info appears . Do I just go to edit on Health sherpa and erase everyone’s ? How do I start a new fresh app for her on Sherpa ?
You're not answering my questions above, so I can't help you.
These are ACA 101 questions, thought you were BIG on ACA enrollments?
I don't use sherpa for enrollment, I use double redirect

You're not answering my questions above, so I can't help you.
These are ACA 101 questions, thought you were BIG on ACA enrollments?
I don't use sherpa for enrollment, I use double redirect
I already told you she’s applying herself and not as a dependent . Nothing to do with parents . I do a lot of enrollments but there new people . Not when I pull a ss # and there’s already previous info with multiple family members on it . When I go to do her enrollment it is already prefilled out as like she’s a dependent from yrs ago. I’m asking a very simple question . How do I start a new fresh blank app that has no prefilled info on it ?

Not once did you say she was not a dependent.

Just because she works doesn't mean she's not a dependent

expand...
"She works so her own app and credits" .........did not answer the question

Just do a double redirect thru hc.gov application or create brand new app in sherpa if possible.

Back