• Do you have any victories you'd like to share for the month of May? Help us celebrate others by posting here.

Landmark Disaster

Well, this woman was monthly direct and wants her cash value refunded. I fear LBL, like AIL, will ignore her surrender request and APL it until there's no cash left. When we called last week, after 90 min on hold two different times, they said their system was down and they could not process any requests, check back later, blah, blah.

SBLI doesn't use Landmark.

LBL seems to be drafting fine and as an unrelated issue, their systems went down and some have come back. So far contracting and agent support systems as of yesterday are still down.

Well, this woman was monthly direct and wants her cash value refunded. I fear LBL, like AIL, will ignore her surrender request and APL it until there's no cash left. When we called last week, after 90 min on hold two different times, they said their system was down and they could not process any requests, check back later, blah, blah.
Last time I tried to do a surrender with ail it took 3 months and 6 phone calls . They ignore all requests .

Last time I tried to do a surrender with ail it took 3 months and 6 phone calls . They ignore all requests .
I’ve never had a problem with surrendering AIL.

I keep their form with me.

We call and stop draft and get the cash surrender values while on the phone.

Then I fax the notarized surrender form on the day the new policy starts.

Never taken more than a couple weeks for people to get their money.

Got off the phone with Aetna this morning. Still no updates on drafting times and it’s the first of the month. This is not a good situation at all. They can’t even say if they’re going to auto draft when system is up on whatever date they choose or what.

Yes it’s quite a situation. Unless I’m missing something there was never an email that went out saying drafts stopped? Policies aren’t getting mailed out? What about claims? Complete mess.

Back