Accident, insurance rates and effect on anyone on car title

kcdawg1905

Does an accident cause anyone on car title rates to change or just the driver? Title is in wife and daughter in law. Car is kept at my and wifes house as we are primary drivers.Dil resides at another location and never drives car. Dil in not on insurance policy. Car has recently been paid off just haven't removed dil from title yet. Had a guy slam into rear end while we was sitting at red light last week minimal damage to car but it was a hard hit. He left the scene and has not been caught. Police came to scene and report has been filed but i have not contacted insurance as yet but i may have a medical issue that has just revealed itself today so i may have to but don't want to drive up dil insurance rates as i will have to use uninsured motorist. Thanks

Just myself and wife on insurance policy. I read it will cause rates to go up seeing it's going to be our policy having to pay out for um, but mainly don't want it affecting my dil's rates. But even though she is co owner of car she is not on policy as she does not live with us and doesn't drive it at all. Car is insured at our address.

Did you get a tag number of the person who hit you? It is still hit and run. Should not affect rates at all. DIL is not on policy so there should be nothing on her file.

I agree that there shouldn't be a surcharge for a not-at-fault accident.

As for rates going up, that's the direction they go these days, right along with the cost of everything else.

Been to the grocery store lately?

:yes:

Does an accident cause anyone on car title rates to change or just the driver? Title is in wife and daughter in law. Car is kept at my and wifes house as we are primary drivers.Dil resides at another location and never drives car. Dil in not on insurance policy. Car has recently been paid off just haven't removed dil from title yet. Had a guy slam into rear end while we was sitting at red light last week minimal damage to car but it was a hard hit. He left the scene and has not been caught. Police came to scene and report has been filed but i have not contacted insurance as yet but i may have a medical issue that has just revealed itself today so i may have to but don't want to drive up dil insurance rates as i will have to use uninsured motorist. Thanks

Which insurance company are you with?

Back