Accidental Life Insurance

WinoBlues

Guru
5000 Post Club
I have never written a stand alone accidental policy. I have a guy that is a retiring Navy pilot that also holds a Commercial license and flys for pleasure about 30 hrs a year. Looking to offer him a $500,000 - $1,000,000 Accidental Life Insurance policy. Any suggestions on a company or plan?

Thanks,

Lee

Here is some info on Mutual of Omaha's Accidental Death Plan. I am far from an expert on this type of stand alone, it is just something that I looked at a few weeks ago for a rock climber buddy of mine.

Attachments

• Accidential Death Plan-1.pdf
    211.8 KB · Views: 12
Assurity would work but highest face amount is 250K. Can fly up to 150 hrs a year non-commercial. Issue age only through 60 though.

----------

Mutual of Omaha:

California State Specific Information
There are just a few variations from the national product in CA:

• Death must occur within 90 days of the accident vs. 365 days nationally
  • Aviation exclusion is included in the policy vs. an additional rider
  • Additional exclusion – “death caused by an insured person being engaged in an illegal occupation”

I second the MOO, GREAT RATES!
Product Highlights

Issue ages 18-70
Face Amounts from $50,000
24-hour coverage
No health questions or medical exam
No restrictions on occupation
ROP rider available*
Family rates available
Increased benefits for Auto/Pedestrian and Common Carrier
Electronic application available on iGO e-AppTM for fast processing
*ROP Rider is not available in AR, CT, GA, NY, PA and VA.

Attached is the app, rate guide and guide, with a brochure

Attachments

• MOO add.pdf
    155.8 KB · Views: 9
  • LK (1).pdf
    255.8 KB · Views: 7
  • LK (2).pdf
    41.8 KB · Views: 6
  • LK.pdf
    260.6 KB · Views: 6
I have never written a stand alone accidental policy. I have a guy that is a retiring Navy pilot that also holds a Commercial license and flys for pleasure about 30 hrs a year. Looking to offer him a $500,000 - $1,000,000 Accidental Life Insurance policy. Any suggestions on a company or plan?

Thanks,

Lee

If you didn't have a problem with the limits that they have I would say Assurity's Acciflex or Fidelity Life's Accidental Death product. Acciflex tops off at 250k and Fidelity tops off at 500k. So if you didn't mind stacking them then they definitely wouldn't be bad to write. Their different riders that they have make them pretty versatile.

MIM

Back