Accumulation Focus-BCA,Nationwide,America I.e. Legacy, AIG?? What Are You Guys Using?

Curious Tahoe, why do you like this better than Athene's Ascent Pro? It looked to me like the index strategies may be superior in the Ascent Pro series....Am I incorrect on that?

Thanks,
AO

Ascent Pro launched in CA around the same time that I made that post.

The index strategies are essentially the same (Elite 10 vs Pro 7) now with their most recent rate change.

Unless the client desires the extra liquidity features that Elite provides (and is willing to pay for them), Pro 5 and 7 are excellent choices for pure accumulation.

I am curious that no one has yet mentioned the Allianz 365i for it's preferred producers. 4% bonus on a 10 year and can use both PIMCO and Barclays for this 'about to correct' market. Don't hesitate to reach out to me to help you write, or split this with you.

Tevis

I am curious that no one has yet mentioned the Allianz 365i for it's preferred producers. 4% bonus on a 10 year and can use both PIMCO and Barclays for this 'about to correct' market. Don't hesitate to reach out to me to help you write, or split this with you.

Tevis

Because that is one of the worst accumulation focused products on the market.... well maybe not the worst... But it is certainly not anywhere close to being one of the best when the goal is accumulation.

Greetings,

For you accumulation fans that like things like the 222 there's product from North American called PrimePath that is similar. But the PrimePath is much more flexible.

With the 222 you're required to wait until at least after year 10 to trigger income, and the payout with 222 is 1% every 10years. With PrimePath you can trigger income anytime after year 1, and the payout percentage is .1% per year.

The downside is I think that it's exclusive product to Advisors Excel and Shurwest and maybe one other FMO.

I did like Ascent Pro 2 until the beginning of July. BCA still works for me.

Now it's back to IUL or Blended Whole Life policies if you want to treat your clients right, if they can underwrite of course. Or write 5yr SPIA and wait for rates to bounce.

Or just write DIA and QLAC's and and get your S65 because that vast majority of your FMO's are about to be forced out of business and vanish due to the new DOL rules...but the that's probably a different thread.

With Nationwide or Annexus I just despise the fact that they force you allocate at least 40% to the Bond Market. For the last 20 years as those products have had a massive tailwind that has greatly contributed to the returns of those type of products during the biggest Bond Bull Market in global history. That 60/40 BullShite has worked great for them for just that reason.

Now that we are what are at probably generational low yields. It's not even "highly unlikely" that they will not be able to have similar returns to their past performance. It's going to be "down right impossible" for them to have similar returns to past performance. :nah:

But of course, I'm just talking my book too as I'm triple 3x Short the Bond Market at the the long end of the curve through "TMV" :1laugh:

Greetings,

For you accumulation fans that like things like the 222 there's product from North American called PrimePath that is similar. But the PrimePath is much more flexible.

With the 222 you're required to wait until at least after year 10 to trigger income, and the payout with 222 is 1% every 10years. With PrimePath you can trigger income anytime after year 1, and the payout percentage is .1% per year.

The downside is I think that it's exclusive product to Advisors Excel and Shurwest and maybe one other FMO.

I did like Ascent Pro 2 until the beginning of July. BCA still works for me.

Now it's back to IUL or Blended Whole Life policies if you want to treat your clients right, if they can underwrite of course. Or write 5yr SPIA and wait for rates to bounce.

Or just write DIA and QLAC's and and get your S65 because that vast majority of your FMO's are about to be forced out of business and vanish due to the new DOL rules...but the that's probably a different thread.

With Nationwide or Annexus I just despise the fact that they force you allocate at least 40% to the Bond Market. For the last 20 years as those products have had a massive tailwind that has greatly contributed to the returns of those type of products during the biggest Bond Bull Market in global history. That 60/40 BullShite has worked great for them for just that reason.

Now that we are what are at probably generational low yields. It's not even "highly unlikely" that they will not be able to have similar returns to their past performance. It's going to be "down right impossible" for them to have similar returns to past performance. :nah:

But of course, I'm just talking my book too as I'm triple 3x Short the Bond Market at the the long end of the curve through "TMV" :1laugh:

Why do you now no longer like the Acent series but still like BCA?

Why do you now no longer like the Acent series but still like BCA?

It's not that I really love BCA. It's just that I'm now way over exposed to Athene, whom I kind of had to hold my nose to use anyway, with Ascent Pro 2. Make sense?

But the bigger issue is that FIA, as we've known them are Dead on Arrival. As is the concept of the FMO/IMO's

Carriers are working overtime building new DOL rule compliant FIA. They're building all "Fee-based FIA"s," to be sold through the B/D and RIA channels.

They're doing this exactly because there is no language whatsoever in the new DOL rules for the existence of the concept of the "Marketing Intermediary," otherwise known as FMO/IMO's. They have become instantly obsolete. I have been telling everyone I know this exact thing since the new rules came out. Only now people are finally beginning to listen.

We as Producers must sign with a "Fiduciary." The new DOL rules have excluded the FMO/IMO's from their new definition of "Fiduciary's." So they're gone. That's exactly why the bigger more well capitalized current FMO's like the so-called "Annexus Super Group" have teamed up to proactively create their own Broker/Dealer. Those guys are smart. They're not waiting around to be put out of business by some low-level DOL government functionary.

But that's not an option for the vast majority of FMOs. Ergo: they are history. As are the VAST majority of Wholesalers and staff too.

So my unsolicited advice to anyone reading this to ignore what your FMO's are telling you such as tripe like, "don't worry, no one knows anything yet." Thats compete bullshit propagated by businesses that will not be in business 8-9 months from now.

Get your asses out there and be proactive and be ready for April 2017 by affiliating with a B/D or a RIA. And don't wait around any longer listening to some wholesaler, who is soon to be out of a job, because the smart Producers are already running for the exits. The existing B/D's and RIA's are already beginning to get real picky as to who they let in.

Don't believe me? Go try to schedule a FINRA S65 test. Good luck on finding a date anytime soon. And in a couple of months it's going to be impossible to get test date before the deadline. Further, all those dogshit Merrill, Morgan and USB jobs that are going begging right now are soon to be filled too. Don't wait you knuckleheads. Don't be among the last rats jumping from this sinking FMO ship.

And I have no dog in this fight. This is a pure PSA to my Producer friends.

I'm not doubting what you are saying...I'm sure major changes are on the way. What they are going to be, who knows.
Fwiw, I was curious because I have a friend looking at getting her 65. I looked at my local test center schedule which is about 2hours away - for the 65 they had 2 time slots available every day next week. Maybe its different in other places.

Back