Adding Physical Therapy

lorrieduke

Expert
I have Blueshield of California and just found out there is no Physical Therapy or Chiropractic coverage on my policy. Is it possible to change plans within Blueshield without having to go through the application process again?

I have Blueshield of California and just found out there is no Physical Therapy or Chiropractic coverage on my policy. Is it possible to change plans within Blueshield without having to go through the application process again?

You can usually downgrade but not upgrade coverage without underwriting. It sounds like you have a really stripped down plan. Do you need PT if so you are going to be SOL. But then I am only guess as I do know anything a bout CA.

Last edited:

You must have purchased this plan prior to 3.23.10.
Any plan sold by BS of Ca after that date included Chiro/PT.
To answer your question, "yes", there are plans you can transfer to without requiring underwriting approval.
Depends on what plan you now have as to what plan you can transfer to.

Back