Marketplace Issues! Adding a Dependent!

@gent

Has anyone had issues trying to add a new born to the Marketplace? I am unable to add through the Marketplace online account due to errors, and the customer service number is stating the file is in "escalation" status and that we must wait to hear back from the case worker. The case worker is not responding, and in the meantime, we have a new born with hospital bills that are not being covered from 5/1/14. The insurance carrier said there is nothing they can do on their end to add the baby.

I am still waiting for a client who was a subsidize policy (225% FPL - family 5) to get declined by NC Medicaid. Tried to add new born in March, website sent everyone to Medicaid...Sent mother, father, and two youngest kids...then said two oldest (11, 7) will not qualify for anything.

Marketplace was no help. Supervisor was no help. All said we would have to wait for the decline with Medicaid. Crazy.

NC Medicaid has finally mailed a letter for more information. Hopefully family will be declined and we can add new born on to original policy...4-5 months later.

I have had no problems on Life Events on the FFM.
Fill out a life change and add the person as a loss of coverage or CHIP decline.

I have had no problems on Life Events on the FFM. Fill out a life change and add the person as a loss of coverage or CHIP decline.

Have you added a new born as a "life change" through the Marketplace?

I have made life changes for other applications without issues (losing coverage, income change, CHIP decline), but these reasons technically aren't the qualifying event when adding a new born.

I guess I just want to clarify, is this the only way you have been able to add a new born?

----------

I am still waiting for a client who was a subsidize policy (225% FPL - family 5) to get declined by NC Medicaid. Tried to add new born in March, website sent everyone to Medicaid...Sent mother, father, and two youngest kids...then said two oldest (11, 7) will not qualify for anything. Marketplace was no help. Supervisor was no help. All said we would have to wait for the decline with Medicaid. Crazy. NC Medicaid has finally mailed a letter for more information. Hopefully family will be declined and we can add new born on to original policy...4-5 months later.

Is the family still at 225% FPL with the baby added in? I've had this issue as well, and if I know the Marketplace is wrong based on % of FPL, I have removed not only their Marketplace application (so we can start over) but also the application within the account requesting Medicaid review, so we can start fresh.

----------

Great system ain't it? I guess.....we have one more voter gained. No suggestions for you buddy, sorry.

The system is definitely frustrating! But someone has to do the dirty work :)

Has anyone had issues trying to add a new born to the Marketplace? I am unable to add through the Marketplace online account due to errors, and the customer service number is stating the file is in "escalation" status and that we must wait to hear back from the case worker. The case worker is not responding, and in the meantime, we have a new born with hospital bills that are not being covered from 5/1/14. The insurance carrier said there is nothing they can do on their end to add the baby.

Update: Finally able to add the dependent on my own today through healthcare.gov, and with no system errors - pretty much a miracle. Hopefully the carrier has been notified when I call next week.

This is a QLE that triggers an SEP. Call the marketplace and ask them to pull the file up. State that there is a QLE and they "Should" close the current app and start another. I did this with a fam of 6 earlier this week and it's showing up in my system as the plan canceling and restarting as of 7-1.

Chances are you will not be successful in doing this on your first call to the marketplace...let's face it....it's a hit or miss "get someone properly trained" scenario. Call back a few times and you'll get that "aged" rep who will make it happen for you.

Hope this helps.

This is a QLE that triggers an SEP. Call the marketplace and ask them to pull the file up. State that there is a QLE and they "Should" close the current app and start another. I did this with a fam of 6 earlier this week and it's showing up in my system as the plan canceling and restarting as of 7-1. Chances are you will not be successful in doing this on your first call to the marketplace...let's face it....it's a hit or miss "get someone properly trained" scenario. Call back a few times and you'll get that "aged" rep who will make it happen for you. Hope this helps.

Thanks so much for the response!

After several calls and an unsuccessful escalation with the Marketplace. I was finally able to enroll the new born within the healthcare.gov account today - much relief!

Back