Additional Hospital Days for Part A

Nikita

Guru
100+ Post Club
Do the Part A hospital days (60) and the additional days (30) paid for by Plan F renew on Jan 1st?

No, the Part A deductible and co pays are per benefit period, unlike the Part B deductible which does reset on Jan. 1st. of each year.

Sorry I wasn't asking about deductible and copays. I am asking whether the client will get an additional 60 days in the hospital (Part A benefit) and an additional 30 days in the hospital (Plan F benefit) at the beginning of each new calender year....

Sorry I wasn't asking about deductible and copays. I am asking whether the client will get an additional 60 days in the hospital (Part A benefit) and an additional 30 days in the hospital (Plan F benefit) at the beginning of each new calender year....

And I answered your question. Those days are based on a benefit period, not a calendar. A new benefit period will begin when you've been out of the hospital 60 days in a row.

Nikita,

You might want to grab the Medicare and You 2016 book, and read the chapter on Original Medicare. It covers benefit periods, hospital stays, and lifetime reserve days.

It gives you the breakdown of what you are asking. As for the Medicare Supplement Plan F days, you can find that answer in the Guide to Selecting a Medicare Supplement.

All that being said, your question was answered.

Back