CMS Final Rule for MA/part D overrides

I'm interpreting it as they just can't have agreements in place to compensate an agent for "special" things, via financial incentives, that may steer an agent to write one carrier over another.

I think your are spot on in that interpretation. Also, with the near miss for FMO's being cut out entirely, I think they will be doing business by the book. CMS has shown them what they could lose if they take it for granted.

I think your are spot on in that interpretation. Also, with the near miss for FMO's being cut out entirely, I think they will be doing business by the book. CMS has shown them what they could lose if they take it for granted.
CMS can only regulate MA and Drug Plans. There's a whole world of other stuff out there for FMOs to play with.

I use six different FMOs and I noticed a change with all of them several months ago. All of them are moving to FE, Life, Annuities and more.

As for the free stuff they provide (software, etc) there's a little known rumor about Integrity that's been floating around for awhile now. They were planning to start charging us for the software anyway.

Bottom line. FMOs will be fine. They didn't get to be FMOs by being stupid.

CMS can only regulate MA and Drug Plans. There's a whole world of other stuff out there for FMOs to play with.

I use six different FMOs and I noticed a change with all of them several months ago. All of them are moving to FE, Life, Annuities and more.

As for the free stuff they provide (software, etc) there's a little known rumor about Integrity that's been floating around for awhile now. They were planning to start charging us for the software anyway.

so you are saying the next insurance bubble will be in FE, Life, and Annuities?

so you are saying the next insurance bubble will be in FE, Life, and Annuities?
Not at all. In fact I'm not seeing any bubbles.

None of this will have much effect on the life and health side. Strictly CMS crap.

That's why it pays to diversify.

Justin Brock floated what I’ve

I was telling my friend that . It started 6 months ago are so I started noticing Medicare pushing med sups . Humana say the handwriting and started pushing Ned sups hard a yr ago . Last 4-5 months 90% Medicare shops pushing fe and life hard

You could interpret that whole thing to essentially make captive shops "illegal" in the MA world.
Seems like a whole lot of mess making in order to shut down the few big call centers that obviously have caused the majority of the issue

If CMS wants to really kill the call centers, with this new language, they'd probably just have to amend it, with an addition to prevent an LOA business model with MA sales. Otherwise, I dont see any real changes.
LOA is necessary if the entity the LOA works with supplies support, leads, transfers, license renewals, etc.

Agency owners like myself with a downline will now be working for free, overrides are what provide training, time, resources etc that I give to my agents.

Back