Advice for all agents - let's keep it real

Yep, you can definitely find out who they more relaxed agents are on this site with one sentence.....:D

Who said Mary Jane was visiting????? Nice gal who has helped many agents relax by teaching her training methodology.

:biggrin:
"Alfred, would you be so kind as to prepare the batbong with a couple of hits of the higher leaf? We have a round to go with the batphone".

Later on in the batcave....

"Holy ganjasmoke batman, look at these leads!!!!"

"Whaaa? Oh, hi Commissioner Gordon (gulp)." :policeman:

:D :D :D :D :D

John; "I end the call with "So give me a good time to call you back tomorrow when you'll have around 15 minutes. I'll be able to show you plans and rates online so you'll need computer access."

Three questions for John and anyone else who wants to chip in:

1) What if they ask you to email or fax the quotes?

2) What if they do not have cpu access?

3) Do you email them anything after the first call, or only email your contact info, or email nothing.

Thanks again;
Al

Yep, you can definitely find out who they more relaxed agents are on this site with one sentence.....:D

Yeah, years ago I used to hang out w/ musicians (used to be one), so I know the lingo and methodology...

:idea:

However, nowadays methinks Bruce Wayne prefers a very dark beer with a very dark cigar. Excellent match, I do believe.

:cool:

Personal example:

I had an argument with my father-in-law on Sunday, and was in a bad mood on Monday. Rather than get on the phone, and let it show, I went around to some retail outlets, and dropped off some STM displays.

This got me in a positive mood, then I sat down, made some calls to a few people, and uncovered some potential business that might close by the week's end.

Then my mood improved even more, and I called a prospect that had been ignoring me, and got them to agree to meet with me on Thursday.

Then my mood improved even more, and I got an e-mail from a carrier that I had been approved to sell their product.

Then my mood improved even more, and I contacted a contact at Goodwill Industries, and there's a good chance I will be able to leave some STM Brochures there, for the Job Seekers and Business Start ups they cater to over there.

Tomorrow, I've got a mini-seminar (10 minutes in length), then I've got my Job Seekers Group that I facilitate (I've gotten a fair amount of STM business out of that), and then I'm hittin' the phones. I'm ready to kick butt and take names.

Monday was a bad day. So What? It passed!
Tuesday was a better day. All right!
Wednesday and Thursday, I already know what I'm doing all day. Whoey!
Man, I can't wait 'til Friday!

Can't get this type of excitement in a cubicle.

I had an argument with my father-in-law on Sunday, and was in a bad mood on Monday. Rather than get on the phone, and let it show, I went around to some retail outlets, and dropped off some STM displays.

What type of display do you use? Something similar to a take-one card?

Tomorrow, I've got a mini-seminar (10 minutes in length), then I've got my Job Seekers Group that I facilitate (I've gotten a fair amount of STM business out of that), and then I'm hittin' the phones. I'm ready to kick butt and take names.

Out of curiousity, what exactly do you facilitate. Is it more of a meet and greet for people or do you have have a headhunter/insurance agent alter ago?

John; "I end the call with "So give me a good time to call you back tomorrow when you'll have around 15 minutes. I'll be able to show you plans and rates online so you'll need computer access."

Three questions for John and anyone else who wants to chip in:

1) What if they ask you to email or fax the quotes?

2) What if they do not have cpu access?

3) Do you email them anything after the first call, or only email your contact info, or email nothing.

Thanks again;
Al

1) Then I will. I'll gladly send quotes by email or fax - then I still ask them for a specific time to call them to back to review the quotes. If they won't give me a specific time to go over the quotes just move on.

2) Someone in 2007 doesn't have any access to a computer? Even at home?

3) I don't send anything at first. I just call after I get the lead. I end up dumping 80% of them at the 1st call so it's a pointless waste of time for me to send anything before we talk.

1) Then I will. I'll gladly send quotes by email or fax - then I still ask them for a specific time to call them to back to review the quotes. If they won't give me a specific time to go over the quotes just move on.

How about US mail?

2) Someone in 2007 doesn't have any access to a computer? Even at home?

I know several people including family whom dont have access to a computer much less even be able to turn one on. LOL

I also have talked to a few business owners whom dont have access to computers believe it or not!

....and start it tomorrow. You don't have money? That's fine, honestly. Cold-call or go B to B tomorrow morning. Some people simply don't have the drive to generate their own leads. That does not mean you're a bad person or a failure. What it does mean if you need a real job until you gather up some funds, then come back into this biz with guns blazing.

You have money? Get leads. The one source you have is only getting you 2 a day? Get another source - then another until you have what you need.

For people who are actually getting a lot of leads and can't close. I'm sorry to say this...but it's you. It's like the bad break-up line "I'm sorry honey, it's not you, it's me."

Yes, it's you. If you got 60 leads and zero deals stop blaming it on the leads. This gets more complicated since you might not be selling the right product. Maybe you're in the senior market and should be in health. Maybe you're in health and should be in the senior market. Maybe you should be selling cars or home-improvements.

I've consulted with people who have crushed the sales industry for the last 15 years, get into insurance and can't close a barn door with a tractor. The field might not be for you.

I'm not saying buy 50 leads and quit. I'm saying to stay honest with yourself. Are you passionate about this? Do you really enjoy this line of work? Are you really behind the products you sell and do you really believe you're helping people?

If you walke up in the morning and are not passionately looking forward to the day then you're in stall mode and that'll probably never change.

I never expected myself to be in this business let alone be passionate about it. But to be honest with you, Im loving it! a few people on this forum know a little about me and just a quick update, in the month of decemeber I had 20 sales/issued policies before the 18th. I've been on "vacation" till the 2nd of Jan. because of family needs but I cant wait to get back to it! also, fyi, every single sale ive made so far has been from cold calling. I have had one lead produced from my website! Im still working on that one.

I will fire up a bowl and come up with 10 new ideas for leads. A few hours later do it again. The whole time writing them on my dry erase board. Try these ideas for a week or so as well as my partner. Usually 1 or 2 of these ideas work for a while. He says I get creative with the Devils lettuce. I tend to agree! But no matter what your poison is, If you dont take time to relaxe and look at the big picture once in a while...You will stay in the same rut! Find you Happy Place! I have found the best way for me to create leads is to do what others have told me is a waste of time. Go figure! Good Luck! :goofy:

Sounds good, ill give it a try!:idea:

Back