Advice on Adding Producers

JP Savage

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
I am a small independant agent that would like to add producers. My funds are limited so pay would be based on commision most likely. Any suggestions on how to go about finding producers?

I am a small independant agent that would like to add producers. My funds are limited so pay would be based on commision most likely. Any suggestions on how to go about finding producers?

You have to make it worth it to join you. Don't start by trying to find a bunch of agents, it isn't fair to them. Start with 1-2, give them a ton of support and guidance. They are helping to build you up, you have to do the same for them.

You have to first ask yourself, what do I have to offer them? Do you know what you are doing and are you doing it successfully enough to make agents want to associate with you?

Do you have the time and money to put your production on hold while you work with them and do you have the time to spend with them and "hold their hand" until they begin being producing on a regular basis?

Are you going to require them to assign their commissions? Would you go with someone who made you assign your commissions?

Don't ask or expect good ones to do things you wouldn't do.

If your funds are limited it doesn't sound like you are having the kind of financial success that will draw agents to you.

Thank you for your responses, but I think I should clarify. Currently we have myself and 2 producers that work outside the office. I would like to add a producer or 2 to work inside the office. Their pay would most likely be commision.

I must admit putting my production on hold to train someone would be difficult. I have a nice flow of leads/referrals coming in and really don't want to stop that. My thought was to add a producer and work them into some of my quoting so they could learn, and then slowly feed them new leads to help them as they start to build their own sources.

Back