Advice on going independent

blue3223

Hi a couple months ago I switched sales industry's and got into the life insurance game selling mostly WL FE. Been enjoying it so far and have seen some mild success but I've been doing alot of research on YouTube and it seems like I may be at the wrong company. I'm at a very low contract rate (40% soon to be 50%), my leads are bait and switch and I wont best vested for my renewals for another 10 years. I'm really interested in taking the independent route and even starting my own team as I really do enjoy leadership I just don't like the intense emphasis of recruitment where I'm currently at. Like I said I am new so I'm trying to figure out what the best course of action is. Should I join an IMO or can I just get contracted by myself and be fully independent ? Any help would be much appreciated thank you!

Hi a couple months ago I switched sales industry's and got into the life insurance game selling mostly WL FE. Been enjoying it so far and have seen some mild success but I've been doing alot of research on YouTube and it seems like I may be at the wrong company. I'm at a very low contract rate (40% soon to be 50%), my leads are bait and switch and I wont best vested for my renewals for another 10 years. I'm really interested in taking the independent route and even starting my own team as I really do enjoy leadership I just don't like the intense emphasis of recruitment where I'm currently at. Like I said I am new so I'm trying to figure out what the best course of action is. Should I join an IMO or can I just get contracted by myself and be fully independent ? Any help would be much appreciated thank you!
You can be independent and use a FMO. I think most carriers want you to use a FMO. You should be getting 110% - 120%.

Thank you for the advice. Any recommendations on a FMO ?
This guy would allow you the most independence.

3501.jpg

Sounds like AIL maybe?

You certainly can find a better situation elsewhere. I'd recommend holding off on building a team. As a new agent, your first priority is building your own book of business. Eventually, after establishing yourself, recruiting may be worth revisiting.

Back