Advice Please?

Doesn't she have to wait 2 years for Medicare, unless she has certain conditions that caused disability, like kidney failure?

I was just in Arkansas and can honestly say I'm glad I live in Florida. $7 for a pack of cigarettes?:skeptical: On a positive, the highways are better up there.

Did you not catch the conspiracy while here in Arkansas? We are trying to ban smoking.............LOL

Yes, Arkansas is community rated. However my point is this. Missouri has so many more companies to choose from for individuals under 65 than Arkansas does. Unless she were to choose an advantage plan, the best I can do for her here is with AARP which is not only expensive for T65's but even way more for under 65's. There are only 3 or 4 companies that write supps for under 65's here. AARP is the only one that offers all plans. A D plan with them is $217.75 here. BCBS and Mutual of Omaha which are the most competitive here in Arkansas do not offer plans to under 65's. This is why I would like for here to get a supp in Missouri before she moves here if that is possible. Her disability was backdated to October of 2006, so she is eligible for medicare. So, is there a problem with getting a supp in one state before moving to another?

Yes, Arkansas is community rated. However my point is this. Missouri has so many more companies to choose from for individuals under 65 than Arkansas does. Unless she were to choose an advantage plan, the best I can do for her here is with AARP which is not only expensive for T65's but even way more for under 65's. There are only 3 or 4 companies that write supps for under 65's here. AARP is the only one that offers all plans. A D plan with them is $217.75 here. BCBS and Mutual of Omaha which are the most competitive here in Arkansas do not offer plans to under 65's. This is why I would like for here to get a supp in Missouri before she moves here if that is possible. Her disability was backdated to October of 2006, so she is eligible for medicare. So, is there a problem with getting a supp in one state before moving to another?

There shouldn't be. I've written someone before that then moved to another state. Use it as a selling point....join her up.

So, is there a problem with getting a supp in one state before moving to another?[/quote]

I have never experienced a problem with that.

I use to write for a company that would allow me to write a Missouri policy on anyone from any other state as long as the individual was actually in the state of Missouri when the app was written. (None of my current companies will allow that.)

I have written many apps in the past on people who live out of the state of Missouri but were in the state at the time they applied for the policy. Never any kind of a problem.

There was a standing joke in the office about agents caring two shoe boxes with filled with Missouri dirt. This way the agent could state that the applicant was actually standing on "Missouri soil" when the app was written.

I guess you would have had to be there at the time to appreciate the humor in it.

Back