Aetna should not be allowed to do this

Correct. If your plan is not being changed and the client calls Aetna to change to some other plan, you’re not AOR. This is not new with them this AEP. So again, no changes there.

But, if your plan is being non renewed, and they call Aetna, you remain AOR. And, so far, this is only for Texas.

Below is the post that DonP is referring to

🆘🆘 HEADS UP AETNA TEXAS AGENTS

Just got off the first look with Aetna webinar.

They have MAPD plans that are non-renewing and are being replaced with other plans and they won’t be cross walked to the new plans.

If your client is on a plan that is non-renewing and calls into telesales and joins another Aetna MAPD you remain the AOR

HOWEVER…. If the members plan is being renewed, and they call to telesales regarding g new plans and make a change, YOU WILL NO LONGER BE AOR.

Being a former Aetna employee I highly suspect that they will heavily market Aetna beneficiaries to encourage enrollment in the new plans!!

Post anonymously because I’m sharing the Aetna slide of non renewing plans”
See I was correct he called it first look . Wether they discussed benefits he never said

I trust no company were an agent can call in on a 3 way with a client and Aor you on the phone . That’s bs and Aetna allows it
Wait, what? Are you saying Aetna will change AOR to another agent if he calls in with the client?

Where does it say that? That’s not true. It’s only if they want a different plan and their current plan is renewed for 2025. That’s normal.
I’ve done 3-4 myself this yr .Any client can call Aetna and request a different Aor period . If the plans in the first yr no commissions will be paid to the new Aor . If the plans over 1 yr old the new Aor gets the renewal commission immediately . I’m very suprised by your lack of knowledge on this . It’s been spoken about many times on Facebook groups about Aetna’s ease to switch Aor’s . I even confronted my Aetna regional on this .Go ask any longtime Aetna regional . Then come back and report I’m correct . A note on this board 3 yrs ago about Aetna’s Aor policy . Exactly what I’m saying

Attachments

• IMG_9125.png
    IMG_9125.png
    189 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
I’ve done 3-4 myself this yr .Any client can call Aetna and request a different Aor period . If the plans in the first yr no commissions will be paid to the new Aor . If the plans over 1 yr old the new Aor gets the renewal commission immediately . I’m very suprised by your lack of knowledge on this . It’s been spoken about many times on Facebook groups about Aetna’s ease to switch Aor’s . I even confronted my Aetna regional on this .Go ask any longtime Aetna regional . Then come back and report I’m correct . A note on this board 3 yrs ago about Aetna’s Aor policy . Exactly what I’m saying

So, what does that have to do with this AEP?
Don, your whole post was about first looks for Aetna is out and how bad it is now.

But, now you’re saying Aetna has always allowed AOR changes. Who cares if it’s nothing new? Like I said.

I have maybe 100 people on Aetna. I don’t write them too much and I’m sure I won’t this AEP. I don’t lose my clients to AOR changes to Aetna like no you seem to.

Back