Agent of Record Change Process

RunnerDude

Super Genius
I frequently come across clients who have purchased Medicare Advantage Plans over the phone (usually from a far away location). As a local agent who actually makes house calls, and maintains contact with my clients throughout the year, I was wondering if it is possible (or legal) to approach these individuals with a proposal to all me to become their Agent of Record by completing a form. If so, does anyone know the process involved for companies like Humana, WellCare and United Healthcare?

Humana allows AOR changes, UHC does not. I have no idea about Wellcare. For Humana all I need to provide is a handwritten request from the client. It's as simple as "Please make Fred Reid my agent of record effective immediately."

Have them sign and date it and include their ID#, Medicare #, DOB and your name and SAN. Fax to 502.508.0062. Follow up to make sure they get the fax and then FOR SURE watch for it on your commission run as Humana is notorious - for me anyway - about 'missing' various commissions.

So yes, it's both possible (depending on company) and legal.

I second that it seems with Humana AOR changes are the hardest to get paid on. So definitely write down everyone you AOR and make sure you are getting paid. I've already had to fix so many of these!

Back