Agent of record change vs application

jack3454

Super Genius
Is there a difference between doing an agent of record change vs putting in a new application for the same plan for the following year?

Ive heard the commissions stay with the agent on the previous plan but not sure if that changes or each company or not.

If switching plans is not possible i guess you can do an AOR change, not sure it's actually worth it but it's possible. How it's done will depend on the carrier..

I would be looking at a plan change for him.

ok thank you very much

What company ? Aor changes allowed at Aetna , WellCare . Remember if you Aor a new plan in Feb that had a 1/1 effective date you’ll get no commissions till the following Jan . You’ll never get a Aor change at United and Humana super small chance

What company ? Aor changes allowed at Aetna , WellCare . Remember if you Aor a new plan in Feb that had a 1/1 effective date you’ll get no commissions till the following Jan . You’ll never get a Aor change at United and Humana super small chance

It’s Aetna. Might actually not have to do AOR, there is a slightly better plan with Aetna I found. But if I do AOR in December, I’ll get renewal January right?

Back