Agent Of Record Change With MAPD Plans Possible ?

0b1kanobee

Guru
1000 Post Club
I was curious to know whether or not it is possible to change the Agent Of Record with MAPD plans providing the new agent is licensed with that carrier and along with it the commissions flow to the new agent.

Anybody know the rule of thumb on that and is it perhaps carrier specific?

I'm guessing that agents also buy these books of business or even agencies do and if that is the case it should be possible but I dunno.

Really depends on the carrier. UHC has a specific process and I believe it's relatively painless.

I believe the rule of thumb is that the carriers won't do it.

I don't see anyone in their right mind ever buying a book of MA business because it's so speculative.

I was curious to know whether or not it is possible to change the Agent Of Record with MAPD plans providing the new agent is licensed with that carrier and along with it the commissions flow to the new agent.

Anybody know the rule of thumb on that and is it perhaps carrier specific?

I'm guessing that agents also buy these books of business or even agencies do and if that is the case it should be possible but I dunno.

I agree with Josh on both accounts. It is definitely carrier specific. Just google Humana AOR and you can find their AOR policy.

I would also be leery of buying an MA book of business. I myself have a pretty large MA book and year after year I am worried the carrier I have with them will pull out. In my area if that happens I am left with trying to move everyone to a med supp but I am sure half would go to a local HMO that does not offer contracts. Who really knows the future of MA but it's probably not that bright.

Humana will allow you to do it and it effects commission, but from what I recall UHC allows AOR changes but it does not change who gets paid...

An UHC MA only client called today to say she's moving into another county. Her UHC plan is available with a different series or form number. How can a termed UHC agent get paid by UHC? :no:

I'm thinking GI MedSupp -- because she's got medical bills and wants long-term security.

Back