Agent of Record Question

AmericasFinest

I run a small mailing list for seniors, got about 20 people on Medicare plans from a nearby (but not local) retirement community. All 20 are interested in having me be their agent of record, and are willing to sign transfer letters.

How do I do this electronically? And does that entitle me to start collecting fees?

Each company has its own rules, Some will and some wont, Each has different procedure's

I usually don't bother and just ask for referrals when I help some one like that

Why are 20 people looking to have you as agent of record but are not changing plans?

I understand when you have some one in trouble that you go above and beyond for & who's agent is no longer in buis or not taking their calls, I am not sure how that can happen for a group of 20

Ditto.

Plus most med supps will reduce commision to zero for you and the old agent so you will be working for free. Happened to me last yr with MOO.

The ones that will won let you until AEP. And if you try doing that with Med Supps both agents will usually end up with zero.

Really not the way to go.

I run a small mailing list for seniors, got about 20 people on Medicare plans from a nearby (but not local) retirement community. All 20 are interested in having me be their agent of record, and are willing to sign transfer letters.

How do I do this electronically? And does that entitle me to start collecting fees?

If there is a chronic condition plan avbl in your area (eg, diabetic), you might be able to switch them over to that plan and get paid. Same goes for any that might qualify for medicaid benefits if a Dual plan is available. Some will allow an AOR change by letter from the member. From my experience, Humana and Aetna will allow it. United, Wellcare, Healthspring will not.

This started out as a community service for my church, been doing it for years to help people out around town. I just got my general license, and was telling everyone about it, and a bunch of them volunteered to want me to take over choices, optimizations, etc. So I was just wondering how I go forward... is there any value to me in being appointed their agent of record? In my day job, I'm usually selling face to face... this is obviously different (and a different scale). Any ideas on what you'd do in my shoes?

I don't know

I mean unless you are helping them with their plan, claims and customer service.
And the agent of record is either no longer in buis or refuses to help them.

Apart from that even if you got Agent of record it would be akin to steeling.

Honestly I do help people that are not my client for this reason from time to time and never try to get agent of record.

I have a manager from 1 of my FMO's tell me I should I just don't feel right about it

Besides many times Ill get a referral or the may come back to me to change plans in the future

Call the insurance company of choice, ask for Broker services, tell them your situation, ask for their official AOR form, if they have one.. If not, they will give you the steps and where to send it.

Back