Agent Outfits

I came across the same sources. We shall see what ingenuous methods I find out about tomorrow that will enable me to work one day a week and make $300,000.

From what I picked up on the web site, The Producers Alliance looks like the main health product is GTL (I know that they have a 4th quarter carryover and unlimited physical therapy). I am already appointed with GTL but they are only useful price wise in Southern CO. I also know that the underwriting is tighter than I would like.

JR - give them a call and rattle their cage (you know that you have fun doing that). Let us know what you find out.

I would like to see those GTL plans. Are they available through GTL direct or an IMO?

JR - I go through AHCP for my GTL appointment. I have some things to take care of on the home front tonight but I will get back to you late tonight or early tomorrow morning (remember, I'm on MDT).

UPDATE: go to [FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]www.ameri-choice.com[/FONT], click on the Health Insurance Products tab and choose GTL. These are the brochures and will give you a good idea of what they have to offer. Hope this helps.

Last edited:
I prefer this outfit...

Nov3superhero.jpg

I appreciate the input Arnie. I can always count on you to perform your due diligence.

Arnguy - I don't know anything about Don Duryea but the agency I use for the GTL appointment is AHCP, Mike Owens is the President and I am unaware of any shady reports on him. Ameri-Choice is the website used for access to that product but I don't know what the relationship it is to Duryea if any.

Although I have not placed any business with AHCP, I have never gotten the impression that they are anything other than on the level. They do charge 1% interest/mth on the 9 mth advances but if you go as earned, it does not matter. I have a 25% contract on the GTL product and 90% on the GTL CI but do not know if those are standard offers. They also offer GR 20% 9 mth advance and you keep the client.

I guess the reason I'm responding is to say I'm not so sure we can lump the Ameri-Choice website in with the underwear costume crowd.

Last edited:
I couldn't make the webinar because of an appt I had scheduled, but if they have another session and I have the time I'll drop in. It sounds like they are offering a GTL product regarding the videos on their website. I'd had to find out a bit more information on the product in the states I sell in before I'd jump aboard. I have yet to find a CI policy I like so it would be nice to find one that is actually worth the paper it is written on.

I have submitted 6 cases with GTL and the underwriting is brutal so far... 1 issued/paid, 1 waivered for back problem that resulted in not taken, 2 declines and 2 hung up in underwriting. They seem to be aps happy. Also, there is a $45 monthly policy fee that is non commisionable.

If you would like to view their brochure for Select Choice, PM me and I will be happy to email a copy to you.

It's a solid plan and very competitively priced if you can get one past the Patrick Roy of underwriting teams.

What kind of things are they getting declined/hung up in underwriting for? Wow.. Patrick Roy... I haven't seen that name in quite a while. Nice comparison! haha.:)

From what I have seen, their pricing is very competitive in Michigan and I was considering starting to sell their policies. The $25 copay that includes lab and xray is something I can see clients falling in love with. But.. if their underwriting sucks, it may not even be worth the time pitching it.

Back