Agents...What Are the Alternatives to Leaving Money on the Table?

kwahlgren

Clearly the worst scenario to have is one in which commission is being left on the table. Regardless of the reason a prospective client is denied major medical coverage, what are the best strategies to reconcile the situation?

What alternative resources or direction do you give your client in order to better their situation, while still earning that desired commission in the mean time?

Re: Agents...What Are the Alternatives to Leaving Money on the Ta

Sell them life insurance, if no health company wants them then they'd better get their family prepared, and you know they're saving some cash on that health insurance they're not paying for.

Do many offer a limited health product as a result? I mean I understand the need for life coverage, but that completely leaves out the need for preventative coverage... doesn't it?

Do many offer a limited health product as a result? I mean I understand the need for life coverage, but that completely leaves out the need for preventative coverage... doesn't it?

They just got declined for major medical. Preventative has pretty much flown the coup, hasn't it? Unless stubbed toes suddenly became a decline.

Send them to PCIP or the state equivalent and sell them a life policy. Odds are they'll need it.

Kwahlgren, Do you have something that could help us?

I may... but this thread really isn't intended to be about what product I have. Really wondering how agents have been handling major med declines. Obviously many I work with have begun offering limited indemnity plans to at least provide some sort of coverage for those who otherwise wouldn't be able to attain any at all.

They have become increasingly popular in the consumer market, but in many forums they seem to have a dark cloud cast over them. Limited benefits are clearly the last thing anyone wants if they can have an affordable comprehensive coverage. Basically just wanting to get input from agents regarding the limited market.

If there was a proven product would agents utilize them more as a tool? Is it in the commission? I really just don't know and trying to get an understanding from those who have been around longer then myself.

Sorry Man, Just jerking with you. Good luck.

I may... but this thread really isn't intended to be about what product I have. Really wondering how agents have been handling major med declines. Obviously many I work with have begun offering limited indemnity plans to at least provide some sort of coverage for those who otherwise wouldn't be able to attain any at all.

They have become increasingly popular in the consumer market, but in many forums they seem to have a dark cloud cast over them. Limited benefits are clearly the last thing anyone wants if they can have an affordable comprehensive coverage. Basically just wanting to get input from agents regarding the limited market.

If there was a proven product would agents utilize them more as a tool? Is it in the commission? I really just don't know and trying to get an understanding from those who have been around longer then myself.

Thank God, in my state, we have a decent risk pool option. If I did not, I may suggest they look at a limited benefit plan (although not any more with the federal option if available), but I would not sell it to them. As John has stated before, you take on the most unhealthy people, give them limited benefits for major ticket items, and you have an E&O claim brewing.

In case of a major med decline I usually figure out if they'd be eligible for hippa or another carrier, and put them with that carrier. If they're not PCIP is the option in my state. It sucks but there isn't anything else right now, and minimeds are awful.

You can't help everyone, and trying to find something to put a few bucks in your pocket at the expense of someone who needs every dollar they can scrape up to cover their medical expenses is just plain wrong in my opinion.

Back