Agents...What Are the Alternatives to Leaving Money on the Table?

Re: Agents...What Are the Alternatives to Leaving Money on the Ta

You can't help everyone, and trying to find something to put a few bucks in your pocket at the expense of someone who needs every dollar they can scrape up to cover their medical expenses is just plain wrong in my opinion.

Definitely agree... not everyone can be helped. But my thought on it is any dollar saved by any patient is just that... a dollar saved.

Thanks for the opinions so far though! Much appreciated.

I am not a big fan of discount plans, but they have their place. The only one I promote is Careington.

I have suggested Careington to those who have no health insurance and cannot obtain or afford insurance. The state assignment plan for those who have expired COBRA is an indemnity plan and I have clients who buy the assignment and piggy back Careington on top so they can at least get some discounts.

Some of the STM's are not tied to a network and I suggest Careington in those cases as well.

I am not a big fan of discount plans, but they have their place. The only one I promote is Careington.

I have suggested Careington to those who have no health insurance and cannot obtain or afford insurance. The state assignment plan for those who have expired COBRA is an indemnity plan and I have clients who buy the assignment and piggy back Careington on top so they can at least get some discounts.

Some of the STM's are not tied to a network and I suggest Careington in those cases as well.

You got to private label that Careington plan so you can make more money-

I don't push enough of it to go the private label route. There is good money in the "free" Rx cards if you can set up enough affinity programs.

Of course the kickbacks on that will drive you nuts.

Worked with some folks years ago that ran a Chamber health insurance plan in Tennessee. By the time we paid everyone who had their hand out there wasn't much left for us.

Have you found many agents running into hesitation using supplemental plans right now because of the reform?

True, my bad, sorry.

Rob, perhaps if you had read the thread first, you might realize he's talking about limited benefit plans, and not Med Supps.

Back