AHIP 2023

NAHU is not accepted by Aetna.

I get AHIP for free with Aetna, too. And the only benefit to that is my family doesn't have to listen to me bitch about paying for it.

Do not get me started on this bulls**t. You have to pay a LOBBYING ORGANIZATION so that you can sell their crap and get paid. What a circle of crapola. Hope you agree with AHIP and their beliefs.

If CMS wanted to charge me, I would be fine with that. If I had to donate $175 (or whatever it is) to the National Parks Foundation, I would be good with that, too. But a lobbying organization? Total BS

Do not get me started on this bulls**t. You have to pay a LOBBYING ORGANIZATION so that you can sell their crap and get paid. What a circle of crapola. Hope you agree with AHIP and their beliefs.

I'm glad we didn't get you started.

Blame agents, call centers, and everyone with an insurance license and a pulse around 2004-2013

Did NAHU get us a carve-out for individual agents concerning all this TMO hoopla? If not, they really haven't done much in the way of advocacy for me.

You're in a regulated space with a highly vulnerable population. We proved we can't behave (the industry, not just individuals) and CMS jumped on the bandwagon like they are now... Don't want to do it? Don't sell MAPD/PDP.

I'm glad we didn't get you started.

Blame agents, call centers, and everyone with an insurance license and a pulse around 2004-2013

Did NAHU get us a carve-out for individual agents concerning all this TMO hoopla? If not, they really haven't done much in the way of advocacy for me.

You're in a regulated space with a highly vulnerable population. We proved we can't behave (the industry, not just individuals) and CMS jumped on the bandwagon like they are now... Don't want to do it? Don't sell MAPD/PDP.

Ok but your forgetting one thing

CMS is not holding those responsible for the violations that are already in place

instead they are holding everyone else responsible

Kind of like holding a whole class in detention after refusing to punish the one kid who broke the rules

Look I am going to do it, But it is what it is, its not because its for the good of the people or a good corrective action that should be expected because of the actions of the large call centers and the TV commercials, Who by the way are least effected all this

CMS is not holding those responsible for the violations that are already in place

instead they are holding everyone else responsible

I didn't forget anything. I lived it. Welcome to government regulation. It doesn't happen just to insurance agents. It happens to employees of government programs too.

The government, and the people that work in it, are very "passive-aggressive." They want to fix something but don't want to address it with the people that need it.

Here's how I survived in government services for 7.5 years, and it took a lot to figure it out. There are things you can control, and things you can't. Make decisions based on the things you can control, and ignore the stuff you can't.

As I've said in another post:

1) You can do it and bitch about it.
2) You can do it and acknowledge that it's a relatively low bar to entry to sell in a highly regulated space.
3) You can not do it and not get the benefit (and downside) of being compliant.

I didn't forget anything. I lived it. Welcome to government regulation. It doesn't happen just to insurance agents. It happens to employees of government programs too.

The government, and the people that work in it, are very "passive-aggressive." They want to fix something but don't want to address it with the people that need it.

Here's how I survived in government services for 7.5 years, and it took a lot to figure it out. There are things you can control, and things you can't. Make decisions based on the things you can control, and ignore the stuff you can't.

As I've said in another post:

1) You can do it and bitch about it.
2) You can do it and acknowledge that it's a relatively low bar to entry to sell in a highly regulated space.
3) You can not do it and not get the benefit (and downside) of being compliant.

it just sounded like you were justifying it

Only reason I brought it up, otherwise there was no reason to rehash it

it just sounded like you were justifying it

Only reason I brought it up, otherwise there was no reason to rehash it

Oh, I am justifying the bar being there. It's a minimal bar to go through where you can really screw up people's lives. However, the government will be government and regulate how they regulate.

They rare actually dole out enforcement. They farm it out to the carriers.

Back