AIL Threatening to Call Cops on Me....

I also say copy them and send them back. I'd also hand deliver them and drop them at the persons feet that was threatening you. Maybe use them as place mates for a few days too or wipe up some coffee with them...

I bet that the $100 is reimbursed upon working the leads and turning them back in. They probably charge you the $100 in order to 'light a fire under you' and get you to have some skin in the game.

If it's reimbursable, then I would return the leads, uncopied.

BTW, I wonder what the NSA would think of your text? After all, they're checking on everybody's cell phone and text messages, right? lol

why anybody works for this "company" is beyond me. although I wished they would recruit more in my agents territory. What a joke!

I bet that the $100 is reimbursed upon working the leads and turning them back in. They probably charge you the $100 in order to 'light a fire under you' and get you to have some skin in the game.

If it's reimbursable, then I would return the leads, uncopied.

BTW, I wonder what the NSA would think of your text? After all, they're checking on everybody's cell phone and text messages, right? lol

When did AIL ever reimburse anyone for anything. DHK you have never worked for AIL.

As I said how I handled it would be determined on how they did.

Blowing up my phone and cussing me out has a price.

I try very hard to do the right thing, as I see it, but sometimes you have to make the other person do like wise.

Why not be classy about it?

From their perspective, an agent drops of the face of the earth with no contact. If this guy was treating it as a job, who loses their phone and doesn't contact their work for almost a week? Zero access to any other phone, email, or the ability to drive to the office? The agent is now sitting on a heavily subsidized lead pack?

Why not be classy about it?

From their perspective, an agent drops of the face of the earth with no contact. If this guy was treating it as a job, who loses their phone and doesn't contact their work for almost a week? Zero access to any other phone, email, or the ability to drive to the office? The agent is now sitting on a heavily subsidized lead pack?

Josh,

Classy goes both ways. I have never been with AIL. I don't really believe the lost phone part but if an agency is going to charge you for a lead they should abide by the fact that he paid for it.....I obviously was not in the office but I can guarantee it wasn't presented as a we charge you to have some skin in the game but a we provide these leads for $x.

Josh,

Classy goes both ways. I have never been with AIL. I don't really believe the lost phone part but if an agency is going to charge you for a lead they should abide by the fact that he paid for it.....I obviously was not in the office but I can guarantee it wasn't presented as a we charge you to have some skin in the game but a we provide these leads for .

AIL charging $100 for leads is unusual (I have my doubts about them even charging), but even if they are it wasn't like they bought leads from netquote or anything like that. I guess my point is even if he paid something, those weren't his.

More importantly, if the AIL manager is in fact being a jerk, there is little to be gained from being a jerk back.

AIL charging $100 for leads is unusual (I have my doubts about them even charging), but even if they are it wasn't like they bought leads from netquote or anything like that. I guess my point is even if he paid something, those weren't his.

Seriously? I agree AIL developed the lead I will even agree they probably have something about returning thier materials in the contract. The question becomes are they still AILs materials once they charge him for them?

Seriously? I agree AIL developed the lead I will even agree they probably have something about returning thier materials in the contract. The question becomes are they still AILs materials once they charge him for them?

That's what the contract says. If you part ways then you have to give them back everything. They may have changed things drastically since I left, but I've never seen a captive shop that didn't say when you left you had to give them back all their materials. Those leads were developed using AIL's union relationships (if they're typical AIL leads) and there is no way in hell they just sell them at that price. If they did, I'd happily go buy up everything they had in my section of the state. This is a black and white issue.

In fact, the police could very well be called and depending on the officer(s) responding, it's a simple case of theft. He is currently in possession of something that is not his. They have a signed contract saying he'll return it and it's property that doesn't belong to him. If they wanted to go after damages, etc then it's a situation where it would be a civil case, but as it sits now he currently is in possession of something that he has no rights to. In many ways it's no different than walking out of an office with a copier.

That's what the contract says. If you part ways then you have to give them back everything. They may have changed things drastically since I left, but I've never seen a captive shop that didn't say when you left you had to give them back all their materials. Those leads were developed using AIL's union relationships (if they're typical AIL leads) and there is no way in hell they just sell them at that price. If they did, I'd happily go buy up everything they had in my section of the state. This is a black and white issue.

In fact, the police could very well be called and depending on the officer(s) responding, it's a simple case of theft. He is currently in possession of something that is not his. They have a signed contract saying he'll return it and it's property that doesn't belong to him. If they wanted to go after damages, etc then it's a situation where it would be a civil case, but as it sits now he currently is in possession of something that he has no rights to. In many ways it's no different than walking out of an office with a copier.

Yes you have a contract stating to return thier property. But if your going to boost agency profits by charging for the lead it ceases to be your property unless you have a section in the contract or a seperate contract stating they are leasing or renting the leads to you for a cost.

Back