Am I Being Set Up to Be Secret Shopped?

eddie

Guru
100+ Post Club
Wisconsin
I was making appointments off of a Medicare open enrollment lead that I got and the husband answered and immediately said.."Here, let me have you talk to my wife". (However, He is the one turning 65). She gets on the phone and began to ask several questions like, how do I get paid, what companies do I represent, what's in it for me if we meet, are we obligated to sign up, do you charge a consultation fee???... Then she mentioned medicare advantage plans and they are looking for ones with a zero premium. I mentioned before we are to meet I would need to send a scope of appointment form before our meeting. I didn't go into detail over the phone about advantage plans, but she seemed to know quite a lot about it. She did mention that she has been reading up on it, but I was curious why the husband was not? He is on her insurance through her work. Am I reading into this too much or do you guys think I am being set up. I am compliant, but I don't want my valuable time wasted. Thoughts on pursuing this?

Get the SOA, you'll never forgive yourself if you don't follow your gut.

Ive had a lot of weird questions lately about lead cards. People calling back for no reason but to ask where I got their number? And I almost walked out of an appt because some cranky guy would not sign his SOA.

Sad, you do good work for people, things they could never do themselves before buying a policy off the internet, and you feel like a dirt bag.

I have never encountered such questions when trying to make appointments off of these leads. This just threw me for a loop. I was just wondering if any of you experienced the same. I was gonna sleep on it if I should send out the scope or not.

I get questions like that all the time. Its also very common for one spouse to be the one that is the researcher and decision maker of the couple. I wouldn't be too worried about being secret shopped. Just follow the rules, get an SOA, don't use superlatives, and never sell an mapd or part d on an outbound call and you should be ok. :yes:

Thanks for the heads up. Anything else I should look for on the appointment that would get me wondering? I would assume if it appears they know too much but how would you transition out of it as to not waste a lot of time if you feel uncomfortable or should I just go through the whole thing?

Eddie: You're the Expert!! You're supposed to be otherwise why bother coming out to help them choose the best plan. Right?

Send out the Soa...tell them to call you the day they get it or you call them in a few days to see fi they did. More times you talk with them via phone warms up the relationship. I usually pick SOA when I get there because majority never mail it back in time for the app't. I don't set appt's 2 weeks out (rarely) unless they need coverage 2-3 mos out and want to set it up now. I stall if it's a few months out because they will be shopping for sure. Try to find out what they have looked at already and give them a price range on med supps to see what they can afford, or willing to pay.

You need to determine, if possible, what they want...an mapd or med sup/D combo. Combine that with the medical needs. If they are frequent users of medical care, add up those visits with diagnostics to get a base amount $$$ spent. Either that or just sell one plan and tell them why it is worth considering. That's what captive agents do.

Thanks for the heads up. Anything else I should look for on the appointment that would get me wondering? I would assume if it appears they know too much but how would you transition out of it as to not waste a lot of time if you feel uncomfortable or should I just go through the whole thing?

Eddie I doubt that you are being secret shopped, but if you ever smell trouble, just walk away. The chances are that the lady is just curious about her insurance and likes to ask a lot of questions, or she may be a potential nightmare client. Go with your gut.

Eddie I doubt that you are being secret shopped, but if you ever smell trouble, just walk away. The chances are that the lady is just curious about her insurance and likes to ask a lot of questions, or she may be a potential nightmare client. Go with your gut.

More likely, a nightmare client.

Yeah, either being secret shopped which is a time waster or dealing with a potential high maintenance client.

Which is worse?

High maintenance, low revenue client. At least you only have to endure being secret shopped once. A high maintenance client can call you repeatedly. :D:D

Back