FEX Isnt bringing on agents in Phoenix whats a good alternative option?

Did we not refer you to other IMOs?
Chris Smith and Todd King are two here on this forum that we usually recommend.
I googled todd king and chris smith came up with lots of results so thought id ask on here. i dont have their contact info

I go there for usually five days at a time. On my last trip I was able to fix all the problems that popped up from the previous trip, rewrote a few cancelations, replaced a few of the outrageously clean-sheeted policies that replaced a few of mine from a previous trip and, while the last trip was the worst week I'd had in about 10 trips to IN, it was still a pretty good week even after expenses.
God bless you . I know guys do that but it’s a tough way to make a living over the long hall . I used to drive 100’s of miles and stay a few nights . I don’t do anymore .I’m assuming you drop the high return Walmart gift card lead weeks before you go ? That Walmart survey lead won’t pull in Phoenix?Indiana has a ton of Lincoln heritage , Nasb and orca agents .

Last edited:
I love going to IN. It feels like real America. Reminds me of the old Reagan campaign commercial - "It's morning in America again." I've run 10 appts in a day and not had to drive for more than 4-5 min. between them. That's unthinkable in Phoenix, even in the same zip code. I often buy aged leads from other agents no longer working in the area. On my first trip there I think the newest lead I worked was two yrs. old and I wrote $12k that week without breaking a sweat. I've had better weeks than that on most trips there. The insane clean sheeting by the NASB and ORCA agents is just laughable there. Those guys are so easy to replace. I know a few have come back to try to save the business. But the only one I know of that I lost, I lost to a different set of ORCA agents. But I went back, free looked those, rewrote the couple and showed how ridiculous those agents' lies and prices were and I don't think that family will be letting other agents in there. But if they do, I'll be back. Anyway, I love going to IN. It's like taking candy from a baby after cutting my teeth in the Phoenix market for five yrs. And I just love seeing that part of the country. Even rode my motorcycle there for a trip last year.

I love going to IN. It feels like real America. Reminds me of the old Reagan campaign commercial - "It's morning in America again." I've run 10 appts in a day and not had to drive for more than 4-5 min. between them. That's unthinkable in Phoenix, even in the same zip code. I often buy aged leads from other agents no longer working in the area. On my first trip there I think the newest lead I worked was two yrs. old and I wrote $12k that week without breaking a sweat. I've had better weeks than that on most trips there. The insane clean sheeting by the NASB and ORCA agents is just laughable there. Those guys are so easy to replace. I know a few have come back to try to save the business. But the only one I know of that I lost, I lost to a different set of ORCA agents. But I went back, free looked those, rewrote the couple and showed how ridiculous those agents' lies and prices were and I don't think that family will be letting other agents in there. But if they do, I'll be back. Anyway, I love going to IN. It's like taking candy from a baby after cutting my teeth in the Phoenix market for five yrs. And I just love seeing that part of the country. Even rode my motorcycle there for a trip last year.

So your door knocking 2-4 yr old leads ? Damm 1/2 those people have probably moved . That’s the biggest problem with aged leads .

Nope, I set appts for all of them. I DK when I have down time and, only when in IN, on Fridays. It's not like those folks haven't filled out more lead cards in the last two yrs. LOL. FWIW, I gave all my leftover aged leads to another agent who moved into an area I don't work anymore and he even closed some of those. By then they were three yrs old. The streets in IN are paved in gold. Worst objection I ran into with those leads was, "Yeah, I was looking two years ago, I got something in place then, and now my health has taken a nosedive." I don't feel too bad walking away from those.

Nope, I set appts for all of them. I DK when I have down time and, only when in IN, on Fridays. It's not like those folks haven't filled out more lead cards in the last two yrs. LOL. FWIW, I gave all my leftover aged leads to another agent who moved into an area I don't work anymore and he even closed some of those. By then they were three yrs old. The streets in IN are paved in gold. Worst objection I ran into with those leads was, "Yeah, I was looking two years ago, I got something in place then, and now my health has taken a nosedive." I don't feel too bad walking away from those.
Lol. These people change there #’s getting 2-3 free phones a yr. How you calling these people for appts when there #’s changed 8 times in 2 plus yrs?I do 150 k mailers a yr and keep my old leads and work occasionally but 80% of them the #’s changed . 40% of them have moved in 2 yrs. There’s a reason agents pay $40-$60 a lead for fresh leads .

@Rick Lee I am loving your positive outlook and honest view of the opportunity that FE still offers us as agents.

This is one of the funniest threads I've read here in a while:

Rick Lee: "FE is a Pot of gold"

DonP: "Watch out, someone's gonna steal you gold."

Rick Lee: "Nope, this gold is mine and even when I drop a piece it coes right back to me."

DonP: "They're gonna piss in your pot, you watch. Then your gold will be piss poor"

Rick Lee: "Nope, I keep a lid on my pot and besides, gold is indestructible."

DonP: "But the sky is falling! Don't you see it?"
I love going to IN. It feels like real America. Reminds me of the old Reagan campaign commercial - "It's morning in America again."

Which is ironic, because for Don, the end has been near for the FE business since about the time of Reagan's first campaign for Governor of California.

Keep it up Rick. This forum needs to return to the days when it recognized that FE really is the land of milk and honey for an honest agent willing to put a smile on his face and go out and see the people whatever it takes to see them.

I lived in Phoenix for the first 15 years of my adult life. I lived in Tempe with my young family when I took my first run at the insurance business. I did ok selling payroll deducted life insurance through the state employees union. But that was in the mid ‘80’s. Phoenix was a very different town back then. Even back then, it was easier to sell in smaller communities than it was in the city.

My brother in law was born and raised in PHX. But after visiting the small town Indiana side of my family, he fell in love with the local culture up there. About 15 years ago he, my sister, and their youngest son, pulled up roots and relocated to a small community about 30 minutes outside of Indianapolis. They still love it.

@Rick Lee I am loving your positive outlook and honest view of the opportunity that FE still offers us as agents.

This is one of the funniest threads I've read here in a while:

Rick Lee: "FE is a Pot of gold"

DonP: "Watch out, someone's gonna steal you gold."

Rick Lee: "Nope, this gold is mine and even when I drop a piece it coes right back to me."

DonP: "They're gonna piss in your pot, you watch. Then your gold will be piss poor"

Rick Lee: "Nope, I keep a lid on my pot and besides, gold is indestructible."

DonP: "But the sky is falling! Don't you see it?"

Which is ironic, because for Don, the end has been near for the FE business since about the time of Reagan's first campaign for Governor of California.

Keep it up Rick. This forum needs to return to the days when it recognized that FE really is the land of milk and honey for an honest agent willing to put a smile on his face and go out and see the people whatever it takes to see them.
There have always been Don P’s in this biz. The very 1st day I showed up for work newly licensed in 1996 two separate “helpful” agents pulled me aside to let me know I had jumped in too late. The sky was falling and no one was ever going to make a living selling life insurance ever again. 😆

Petey’s glass has always been half empty and full of pizz. I mean Don P. He doesn’t identify as Petey anymore.

Lol. These people change there #’s getting 2-3 free phones a yr. How you calling these people for appts when there #’s changed 8 times in 2 plus yrs?I do 150 k mailers a yr and keep my old leads and work occasionally but 80% of them the #’s changed . 40% of them have moved in 2 yrs. There’s a reason agents pay $40-$60 a lead for fresh leads .
A lot of these old timers have had the same phone number for over 50 years. It's the market you're working.

Sounds like your market keeps moving to outrun Dawg the Bounty Hunter.

Back