American General Life & Accident Ins. Co.

Well I for one will soon be finding out about AGLA's pay structure. I start with them June 5th (2012) and am very excited. I was told that until I'm validated I will only make 45% on UL and I believe 25% on term. I just need to blow through validation.

Good luck, I just validated with AGLA it took me the full 17 weeks and my AM helped drag me across the finish line. As long as you stay in the matrix the pay structure seems to be pretty good. I also feel like their benefit package is great.

Good luck, I just validated with AGLA it took me the full 17 weeks and my AM helped drag me across the finish line. As long as you stay in the matrix the pay structure seems to be pretty good. I also feel like their benefit package is great.

Well, I was trying to send you a PM but I need 20 posts in order to do that. SO....

First off congrats on getting through validation.

Could you give me some insight as what to expect? How many prospects were you seeing each week and what was the buying ratio as to prospects seen to prospects actually buying? Did your AM go with you on every call or were you allowed to fly on your own? What was your main source of prospecting?

Anything you have to offer would be great so I can start modeling what I need to do.

My AM went on my first 4 or 5 calls, I feel like once I sold my first policy without him it's been harder to get him to go with me.( He has another new agent that started 3 weeks after I did so he stays pretty busy.)
It took 19 issued policies to get me validated.
The most appointments I have set in a week is about 6(not enough) and it seems like if I show the DVD at least 1 out of 5 buys.
I worked my existing book and any leads my AM gave me those provided some sales. Sent out 200 letters to the book the company gave me.
Cold called of lists from info free, produced a few sales.
Worked my project 100, produced a few sales.
Partnerd with a P&C agent, produced a few sales.
Cold door knocking, has been fun but hasn't produced any sales for me yet.(probably haven't done it enough.)
Bought $500 in real time internet leads.(nightmare, no sales horrible expierience.)
The bottom line is that I don't know what my main source of prospecting is yet but it seems you better stay busy everyday(I've been at it 6 days a week) to get started.
Hope this helps, as far as help from management they are there but I think they want independent minded agents who figure a lot out on their own.

Back