American Health Underwriters

Only for out-patient lab - not inpatient. When you actually sell instead of guess you know this stuff. In MD for Assurant a mammogram is a flat $65. That's not in the brochure either - it's called knowing your policy.

yea....we did not get this personal when we were going at it back in the day......as far as Aetna and lab I have just gone thru 4 years of plan designs and NT is right.....Aetna has always put L and X toward deductible and co~insurance........except for Wellness l & x.....

Only for out-patient lab - not inpatient. When you actually sell instead of guess you know this stuff. In MD for Assurant a mammogram is a flat $65. That's not in the brochure either - it's called knowing your policy.

Wow I wish I was an "expert" like you. LOL I guess Sti must just be guessing to??????????????????????????????? Get a life loser!! Any pencil dck that promotes Assurant over other companies should know?? LOL

I guess I need to call each company I represent and ask abut each plan detail to make sure Im not guessing??? LOLLOLOLOLOLOLL

Last edited:
Here in southeastern PA, many of the doctors' offices have discontinued doing lab and x-ray work in-office. An outfit named Quest Diagnostic Laboratories has been opening offices all over the area and medical offices have switched to sending their patients to Quest for the work-up they previously did in-office.

Here in southeastern PA, many of the doctors' offices have discontinued doing lab and x-ray work in-office. An outfit named Quest Diagnostic Laboratories has been opening offices all over the area and medical offices have switched to sending their patients to Quest for the work-up they previously did in-office.

Wow that means Aetna wont cover it until deductible is met. What do Peeler dick and John P do then. Im betting not telling the client.

Can't say about Charlie, but Sti sells a fair amount of HDHP plans . . . like most everyone should . . . and this crap about lab fee's become a non-issue.

Sell a copay plan, and 90% of the time when I come behind you that client becomes mine.

Can't say about Charlie, but Sti sells a fair amount of HDHP plans . . . like most everyone should . . . and this crap about lab fee's become a non-issue.

Sell a copay plan, and 90% of the time when I come behind you that client becomes mine.

There are certain situation where HSA's are not the better option. I have 3 kids and there is no way we could live without a copay plan.

Every time I run into a lead on an HSA they want to change to a copay. First off they dont put the money away. I find that the case with rich and poor people. Even people with the money do not put money in the account. Then when they go to the Doc or get a script they are pissed and confused on why its not covered. SOLD!!

Agreed.

On the Internet it is clearly co pay mentality. Our non co pay retention is far worse. We had a guy call and complain because his office visit was $90 on a non co pay plan.

We explained he saved over $1400 in premium vs. the co pay plan (he was active for 7 months). He didn't want to hear it - he was still upset about the $90 charge.

I told him we could retro actively change his plan if he paid the $1400 (I was joking). I asked him what credit card he would like to put the $1400 on and to go get it while I wait - then I paused.

Needless to say I was joking to illustrate a point.

Last edited:
Back