American Health Underwriters

You have a choice of networks with the Freedom Care plans. PHCS, GreatWest or Health Smart. And by the way what is a "rented" network?

In the Dallas area you have a choice of
1. Great West
2. Great West
3. Great West

PHCS & Healthsmart are only used for the boonies.
Both come with a substantial premium increase if you use them.

Last edited:
1. Great West
2. Great West
3. Great West

I do most of my business in the boonies. That's where small businesses are booming. Easier to get ahold of small business owners. I find when marketing in the Dallas city area a lot of pissed off people. All ready had 10 Agents call them that day or pissed off because of the traffic!!

1. Great West
2. Great West
3. Great West

Substantial Premium Increase? Its like $3.00 a month increase for Great West to PHCS. How are you getting that?

There is no comparison between Top Tier companies such as BCBS, Aetna and World. My only thought is agents are motivated by commissions.

You can spin anything if you are good at sales.

Face to face and out in the boonies you can sell this to Farmer Joe all day long - on the Internet you are dead in the water.

Hey whatever works for you, I am not bashing them - they are certainly not Mega or UA - more like Celtic, another rented pieced together smaller player.

My only thought is agents are motivated by commissions.You can spin anything if you are good at sales.

yea thats just what I want out of a professional agent that I am trusting to find me the best health plan for my family....

Try running quotes for West and South Texas.
Do the homework before quoting "facts"

I'm not talking about West or South Texas. I could care less about those areas. I only work the DFW area. Mostly Denton and Collin Counties. I have not had an issue with Great West networks. Most of my quotes carry all 3 networks. Plan 2 $2500 ded/30 yr old male @76180 Great West= $144.31 and PHCS= $146.68.

Also I market and sell a lot of physicians offices and always ask about feedback from the Doc or Office Manager about getting claims paid and I havent had 1 complaint towards them. Always great feedback. I had a lead that was worried about his Doc accepting World plans. He called while I was there and his Doc office told him they where a good company to go with. Wrote an app 1 minuite later!!!

Last edited:
Yes North Texas.... it is hard up here in DFW.... only the strong survive.... u keep driving and spending that gas money.... here in the big city they can smell a bs artist, in the sticks they are just happy someone came to see them.

i will keep sitting on my arse looking at cpu and writing apps....and tx is correct, u aint selling world or other FRING players online... the magic little word... ok, let me think aboiut it will be said all day long.... oh, u will sell one here and there... but u aint jaming 3 a day online

I'm not talking about West or South Texas. I could care less about those areas. I only work the DFW area. Mostly Denton and Collin Counties. I have not had an issue with Great West networks. Most of my quotes carry all 3 networks. Plan 2 $2500 ded/30 yr old male @76180 Great West= $144.31 and PHCS= $146.68.
!

Ok big hot shot.... here u go, same zip with full coverage ppo's... aetna 138, UHC 145, Humana 122, unicare 123, BC/BS 129.......

dont know what the hell "plan 2" is but it can not be better than the aetna unicare or humana plans.....

hope i run up against u somethin... u will be broke

North texas... i think what u are saying is u dont want to compete with where the real coverage is... DFW.... if your clients EVER got a call from me or xpat ot tx or sti... u are dead in the water... simple question mr client, u want that world plan that no one has ever heard of for 143, or u want unicare, aetna for 122 and have an all inclusive co-pay for labs and xrays and better drug coverage and 100 co-pay for all ER visits?... after that, your dead

also, i live in denton county (frisco)... thats the neck of the woods your calling, hope to see you soon!!!!

Back