American Health Underwriters

I cannot vouch for any experiences that anyone else on this board has had with AHU.
However from my personal experience, they are the best outfit I have worked for in 17 years.
Pay, always on time
Accounts always correct.
Extremely good office support.
Leads are ok.
I know four agents in the Dallas area that have worked for them in the past, and they all got their backends. Even though they had moved on to another company.

The reason they cannot tell you when you will get your residuals (back end) is that they cannot possibly know how much business you will submit, how much of it will be issued or how much of it will stay on the books for at least one year.
With a seven month advance, it should take around 20 to 24 months to break out. Assuming that you write consistantly.
Obviously I strongly recommend them
I write Blue Cross through them.

How come you only write BCBS and not World?

What do they have (from a product perspective) that is so unique you feel a need to sell a 2nd tier carrier no one has ever heard of that uses a rented, limited network?

World is an 'A' rated company. How are they a 2nd tier company? And yea no one has heard of them but I have several clients on with World and not one complaint yet. Their rates and underwriting in Texas are hard to beat!

I have heard of Mega and United American. Are they "1st Tier"? Its funny that I find more people on those plans than any other company in my area. So they are very popular. Does that make them 1st tier?

No, but it doesn't say much for the people that buy that crap (and the agents that sell it).

Here's the "first-tier": United Healthcare, Blue Cross Blue Shield (of Texas in your case), Humana, Aetna, folks like that. Name brands that people have heard of.

Doesn't mean that there aren't other fine companies out there (such as World) with high ratings, etc.

They are just not "first-tier".

How come you only write BCBS and not World?

Because World is a relatively unknown company.
World underwriting is the pits.
World does not pay on a rate up.
World does not pay on their so called admin fee.

Plus BCBS beats the crap out of World for price and for benefits

I'm not sure what makes BX in MD "1st tier" with a $500 RX cap.

Obviously, it's not. That's why I specified Texas.

If you ask 100 consumers though, you'll find a larger percentage will be familiar with Blue Cross, while many of the same 100 will scratch their heads and say, "World?"

Not saying it's right, just saying it is. "Perception IS reality.".

World is an 'A' rated company. How are they a 2nd tier company? And yea no one has heard of them

You answered your own question.

And "A" ratings mean nothing.

I have heard of Mega and United American. Are they "1st Tier"?

You are a funny man (woman).

Back