American National Discontinues Term Life Sales

That email shocked me big time. I really enjoyed working with them on the term side.
I just mentioned on our agent call last Friday that one thing I’ve learned looking back is that you never know that you are in the “good ol’ days” until things change. Then you look back a few years later and say remember when American National had …

Tomorrow’s good ol’ days are always today. But every change creates new opportunities. Just have to figure out where that cheese moved to.

Young folks seem to me to be on more meds now days. You cannot afford an healthy customer base on term products, you can loose your shirt real fast.

Thoughts? Could this move have been made because of all the young deaths that have been popping everywhere under strange or undefined circumstances.

Same. Super easy to work with and competitive pricing/products. Weird.

You just answered the riddle as to why they can't afford to continue. Easy to work with means high expenses for quality labor & systems. Competitive means likely inadequate rates or proper underwriting....... discontinue sales as we can't make money doing all these good things.

Back