Americo for Annuities???

I would probably look passed Americo, as their annuities seem to be better for the agent than the customer. There are a lot of agent selling annuities because of high commissions.

Keep in mind high commissions = long surrender charges or annuitization. There are a number of good companies out there that offer the kind of annuities you would sell to your Mother. I know of serveral good companies that you would be proud to represent.

I would probably look passed Americo, as their annuities seem to be better for the agent than the customer. There are a lot of agent selling annuities because of high commissions.

Keep in mind high commissions = long surrender charges or annuitization. There are a number of good companies out there that offer the kind of annuities you would sell to your Mother. I know of serveral good companies that you would be proud to represent.

Do you think that you could have listed the companies you would sell to your mother?

What do you consider to be a high commission? High commissions does not always mean longer surrender or annuitization.
I agree that you shouldn't sell an annuity or any product to someone that you wouldn't sell your mother.

According to Weiss Ratings, here are the Top 5 annuity companies effective as of 1/3/2008, all rated A+ for excellent:
  1. TEACHERS INS & ANNUITY ASN OF AM NY
  2. STATE FARM LIFE INS CO IL
  3. COUNTRY LIFE INS CO IL
  4. AMERICAN FAMILY LIFE INS CO WI
  5. AMERICAN FIDELITY ASR CO
The Bottom 5 all rated E for very weak:
  • NATIONAL ANNUITY CO UT
  • NORTH AMERICA LIFE INS CO OF TX
  • KEY LIFE INS CO INC IN
  • AMERICAN CENTURY LIFE INS CO OK
  • AMERICAN HOME LIFE INS CO
This list may be found here:
Weiss Ratings: Strongest and Weakest Annuity Insurers

Last edited:
Hello All.
I think you should try Allianze lif inc.....
I think they have avery good annuity (masterdex 10)
ING they have some good annuities too ...SPIA
thank you

Allianze....lol. Their practices helped give annuities a bad name. In part, by not letting you pull out all your money in a lump sum, after the surrender period, without penalty.

I would consider putting my mother in an Aviva Multichoice annuity.

Look for A ratings, or better. Check for surrender periods, waiver of withdrawal charges; Participation Rates, Spreads and Caps.

Want more info? Annuity Rates, Annuities, Annuity Quotes, Immediate, Indexed and Fixed Annuities

Back