Annuity Leads/Appointments

Seems like too many are searching for annuity leads or appointments. If you're seeking these, it's time for a reality check.

Let's start with leads. What is a lead, anything more than a name and number? Ideally, it's someone who wants to buy an annuity. But let's get real, most people don't know what an annuity is or how it works.

The best you can hope is the person wants what an annuity can do for them. So, I guess you could try to get a list of people who already have annuities, but good luck with that!

But let's say you're given a name and number of a "qualified" lead. Would you even know what to do?

Let's take it a step further. Someone has set an appointment for you. Do you know what to do? Do you have a presentation?

If so, all you need is appointments to keep you busy. Obviously, you're not setting them very well or you wouldn't be seeking leads.

Remember, even the most qualified appointment is nothing more than the opportunity to make your presentation. So, don't worry about how well qualified they are. Just go on appointments. The appointment-setter's only goal should be getting the appointment. It is up to you to make a client.

You won't know what you have until you enter the house. If the cupboards are bare, you can make a quick exit. But you won't know until you get inside. That being the case, just go on appointments. You will find business.

Preach!Preacher:1laugh:

I always wondered about leads that you buy.
Anytime it has gotten slow I look up different companies & beat myself up about the "what if's". I don't like to part with $'s that I am not sure I will be sure to even break even on. Silly I know... Anyways everytime I toss it around, I never do it. I usually end up writing a letter to 100 clients I pick from recent sales of life insurance or med supps. I kinda tweak the letter so that it explains the value of tax deferral/ higher interest then CDs /how certain annuities you can take payments for the rest of their lives...
Sometimes it works really well, sometimes not and most times, months later I get an appointment "about that letter I wrote". : )
Don't get me wrong I will be wondering if I should buy some leads again in Jan. Now I know where to look for a more positive recommendation. Thanks!

Back