Annuity Soc Security Mailers

Orlando1

What feedback is out there on success finding retirement $$ with the Social Security mailers?

I've spoken to several marketers and mail houses and I am hearing return rates of 5-7%. That sounds huge compared to what I've experienced with other products.

Are these mailers effective in generating annuity sales? What approach is working to turn these returns into annuity contracts?

Thanks in advance!

What feedback is out there on success finding retirement $$ with the Social Security mailers?

Are these mailers effective in generating annuity sales? What approach is working to turn these returns into annuity contracts?

Which Social Security mailers are you referring to?

I know of several marketing firms that have been slapped by state regulators for mailing insurance pieces that specifically mention social security in the front/return piece which creates confusion and the recipient was misled to believe they were receiving an official communication.

Like this one.. FULL TEXT HERE.

"The I.G. expressed its hope that the matter be resolved through NFRP's voluntary compliance, and asked that NFRP
immediately cease and desist from all direct mailings in a facsimile Government document and use of the words "Social Security," "Social Security System," "Supplemental Security Income[,]" "Social Security Benefits" in a manner which reasonably can be construed as conveying the false impression that the mailings are authorized, approved or endorsed by SSA....

Finally, in a letter dated July 6, 2001, the I.G. proposed, jointly and severally, against NFRP and Mr. Elmer Gibson, a CMP in the amount of $83,659, based on its determination that NFRP mailed at least that number of advertisements and/or solicitations misusing SSA's program words and/or letters in violation of � 1140 of the Act. The letter noted:

Although you have been on notice, since August 2000, that your solicitations violated the Act, I have confined your exposure to the period of April 1, 2001 through June 15, 2001 (a full nine months after you were first notified). In fact, you have mailed out thousands of these solicitations since the Office of the Inspector General served you with a subpoena.

P. Ex. 9, at 2. The letter pointed out the specific factors contained in the solicitations that the I.G. considered violative of the statute, and explained the I.G.'s reasoning for limiting the penalty to $1.00 per violation, even though the statute authorizes penalties of up to $5,000 per each violative solicitation mailed. The letter advised the parties of their right to appeal. I.G. Ex. 9"

Back