Another AHIP thread

socal401

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
Is it me or are there way more agents on here complaining about Ahip this year?

It's no more difficult than it was last year, if anything it should be easier if you have done it before. We are dealing with peoples health insurance here....it's a simple requirement, stop complaining about it or sell something else.

Lobby for change is a good thing. Repetitive bullshit bc of regulatory red tape and paperwork is not efficient. Look at what Humana did this year is a great example for a carrier to listen to agents actually selling their product. They consolidated their training with AHIP

How many times do I have to take FWA and AML ecery time u cluck ur mouse.

It gets stupid after awhile

Is it me or are there way more agents on here complaining about Ahip this year?

It's no more difficult than it was last year, if anything it should be easier if you have done it before. We are dealing with peoples health insurance here....it's a simple requirement, stop complaining about it or sell something else.

I think the overall amount of AHIP threads is probably similar to prior years. (note I have not been here as long as you.) They may be more visible for a couple of reasons.

I think the total volume of posting in the senior forum may have dropped from 2016 to 2017. That makes the AHIP threads more visible.

The other goes specifically to your comment, I but I think it is a shift in content of the threads rather than a big change in the overall volume of them.

I think about the AHIP threads as boasting, bickering and bashing.

The boasting threads are where the experienced agents and long time forum members come on and say something like, we still have this PIA certification requirement but I crushed it this year. I got 100% and did it in 2 hours. I'm thinking I saw a lot of those kinds of posts the first year I was on the forum.

The bickering threads are ones between the new agents and the old agents. The new agents express concern and frustration with the difficulties they face in absorbing the material and taking the test. The old agents basically say, this is stuff you should know and the test is not that hard. Neither side will concede any validity to points the other side tries to make.

The bashing thread comes when an experienced agent comes on and says they flunked the test and lost their renewals (I've been unable to tell whether it is just for that year or permanently) as a result. That tends to generate a stream of, tough luck but you should have known; you only get 3 tries, it's open book and there's a technique for having study screens open at the same time you have the test ones open, and you should have called a friend and had them on the line with you while you took the test.

I think what you may be noticing is a shift from boasting threads to bickering threads.

I think the overall amount of AHIP threads is probably similar to prior years. (note I have not been here as long as you.) They may be more visible for a couple of reasons.

I think the total volume of posting in the senior forum may have dropped from 2016 to 2017. That makes the AHIP threads more visible.

The other goes specifically to your comment, I but I think it is a shift in content of the threads rather than a big change in the overall volume of them.

The boasting threads are where the experienced agents and long time forum members come on and say something like, we still have this PIA certification requirement but I crushed it this year. I got 100% and did it in 2 hours. I'm thinking I saw a lot of those kinds of posts the first year I was on the forum.

The bickering threads are ones between the new agents and the old agents. The new agents express concern and frustration with the difficulties they face in absorbing the material and taking the test. The old agents basically say, this is stuff you should know and the test is not that hard. Neither side will concede any validity to points the other side tries to make.

The bashing thread comes when an experienced agent comes on and says they flunked the test and lost their renewals (I've been unable to tell whether it is just for that year or permanently) as a result. That tends to generate a stream of, tough luck but you should have known; you only get 3 tries, it's open book and there's a technique for having study screens open at the same time you have the test ones open, and you should have called a friend and had them on the line with you while you took the test.

I think what you may be noticing is a shift from boasting threads to bickering threads.

lobbying for change AHIP and product training thread

govt hands over the workload to insurance companies and regulates the hell out of it making it a unattractive ongoing bureaucratic govt controlled product

If they cant handle the work step aside and let insurance companies run the program

didnt the post office go bankrupt too?

Those experienced agents sound like a bunch of assh0les. :yes:

finished the AHIP yesterday. passing grade is 90%... I could be remembering wrong but wasn't it 85% last year?
AHIP seems o get more and more annoying with every passing year...

finished the AHIP yesterday. passing grade is 90%... I could be remembering wrong but wasn't it 85% last year?
AHIP seems o get more and more annoying with every passing year...
yup 85 last year got 86 this year after actually tryn to do all the modules took 4-6 hours of work then failed bc they made it 90%

open book is good bc there is so much bullshit u have to know about CMS regulatory red tape. Many here take it as a group and brag how easy the whole process is and how we should quit cryn. After all the insults from fellow ins agents I came apon Humana re cert as a true indicator they get it. 20 questions done. They didnt make u hash thru all the AHIP crap

Humana will have agents flocking to sell their product imo. BCBS and Aetna took 4-5 hours clucking thru their modules then 5-6 tests u have to make 100% to pass

Insane

I really don't get the big stink about the training either. I am done with AHIP, UH, Aetna, and Humana and just have the Silverscript specific plan training left. I have a total of maybe 7 hours invested and might of even learned a thing or two even after being in this business for 20 years. Try being a CPA or many other professions who have way more CE than we have to deal with. Sit down, do the training, and move on with your life.

Back