Another Study!

James said:
This one is coming on the heels of yet a study that the CFP or FP'er attempted to discredit. Will they also attempt to discredit this one also?

http://advisor.morningstar.com/articles/doc.asp?docId=4482

That's wonderful James. I think I'll give up my securities license now. I love when people paint with broad brushes. The great thing is, I never have to apologize for the returns on these funds:

http://www.americanfunds.com/funds/returns/objective.htm

Could a client do better? Sure they could. Each year we can always find funds that would have been better. Hindsight is always 20/20. But I find they love the consistency that American Funds brings. The other issue is that many do-it-yourselfers have the knowledge to manage their money. But they are in the minority. There are millions of people who readily admit they need assistance. Those are the ones we help. Could they do better blindly investing? Doubtful. Another thing the article doesn't speak of is investor behavior. Earlier this year I had a person who wanted to get out of the market because it was going down. After listening to my reasoning, he stayed the course. Result: Balance is now 10% higher than it would have been had he acted on his emotions.

You can try and beat advisors up all you want, but the fact remains my clients are well pleased with their returns, regardless of what the study shows.

I find it ironic that someone who is willing to convince someone to cash in the equity on their house and put in an EIUL is talking about how financial advisors don't add value and harms the client. Too funny.

sman said:
You can try and beat advisors up all you want, but the fact remains my clients are well pleased with their returns, regardless of what the study shows.

Got to get my fun somewhere! :D

I find it ironic that someone who is willing to convince someone to cash in the equity on their house and put in an EIUL is talking about how financial advisors don't add value and harms the client. Too funny.

Yea, isn't that a hoot!

Back