Answering Objections

sbg_ben

Super Genius
Hello,

I was just on the phone with an office manager and I completely blanked on answering an objection. She said they are already with a company they have been with them for many years and they are a dear friend of the owner etc. I didn't really have a good response for that one and I get a similar answer pretty often when I'm doing cold calls like this.

What objections do you get when trying to make appointments and how are you handling them?

Thanks,

Ben

First, I would compliment them for that situation and that you hope that all your current clients also feel the same way.

Second, I would simply ask for an opportunity to COMPETE for their business. It couldn't hurt to take a look and see what you could come up with.

Unless you can offer something that they DON'T have... that's all I can think of.

Hello,

I was just on the phone with an office manager and I completely blanked on answering an objection. She said they are already with a company they have been with them for many years and they are a dear friend of the owner etc. I didn't really have a good response for that one and I get a similar answer pretty often when I'm doing cold calls like this.

What objections do you get when trying to make appointments and how are you handling them?

Thanks,

Ben
You are not going to win them all... If the agent is a dear friend of the owner, the owner probably not going to put the friendship at risk by changing. And, even if you offer some coverage they do not currently have, the owner will want to run it by his friend who will proceed to write the business....Best bet is to spend your time more productively calling on someone else and waiting for the friend to kick the bucket..:yes:

After 17 years in B2B sales, and seven years selling insurance to businesses, I have perfected my response to that statement. It is as follows.

"Ok, great to hear. Have a nice day."

Then I hang up.

I know from experience that any time I invest with them after that is more than likely going to be wasted. My time is much better invested moving on to the next business.

One of the most important things about selling, that very few people talk about, is figuring out who to spend your time on. We've all heard these fantastic stories about turning a no into a yes and this and that and this and that. If you can ask the proper questions and weave through, and listen carefully, and figure out who might actually buy, you are on a winning path.

Also... you might want to learn about the ledge. Get a copy of "Cold Calling Techniques" by Stephan Schiffman. Good read... :yes:

Take time to experiment with calls like this... maybe ask, "What is that they do so well?"

If what they told you is true... you have little to no chance of replacing good service and close friendship... probably not going to happen.

However, take the time to explore and find out the prospects why's... take some notes and evaluate if that is something you want to integrate into your own business.

I often find that the most difficult sales or even non-sales tend to be the most fertile learning opportunities. :)

I am looking to buy people health insurance agents rejected because of chronic problems or could not afford health care. We are doing a simple clinical trial where we pay for their health insurance with any PPO while offering medications for free. We operate in California, OR, WA, and Utah. Contact me for details.

I am looking to buy people health insurance agents rejected because of chronic problems or could not afford health care. We are doing a simple clinical trial where we pay for their health insurance with any PPO while offering medications for free. We operate in California, OR, WA, and Utah. Contact me for details.

This isn't the place man... start a thread or buy advertising.

Ben. I do agree with most of what was said here, but you did mention that you hear this answer often. Sounds like there is some BS being thrown your way on a few of these answers.

Back