Anthem Blue Cross (CA) Requests 18% Increase

Only 12.2% Blues increase here. You Cali's beat us at everything. Except corn. And deep fried food at the fair. And rural meth labs.

Obamacare is to reduce the premium by $2,500 per person. It's obvious what you're saying is just sour grapes because you (personally) lost the election.

Rick

No, I own a calculator with batteries that work.....As Clinton said "it's arithmetic" dummy

I did a spot check of 15 of my clients. Their average was 24%.

I've had similar situations with several carriers. Their explanation is the 18% increase is the AVERAGE of all rate increases across all policy/product lines and all age groups. Some higher, some lower. Dems get the higher rate because they asked for the law to stay. Repubs get the lower rate increase because they lobbied the right people with the extra tax breaks they receive. :nah:

Wasn't it Anthem Blue Cross California that wanted a rate increase in 2010 and Nancy Pelosi along with the CA insurance commission flat out told them "NO! Go suck an egg."?

If they need 18% and are told "no", will Anthem simply cut California agent commissions to almost nothing? They can't just keep delaying rate increases while medical care costs continue to rise. No company can... or should!

Back