Anthem Blue Cross New Agent Number

somarco

GA Medicare Expert
5000 Post Club
Atlanta
A few months ago I was told I could no longer use my original agent number assigned by Blue Cross several years ago. I would need to use the new 10 letter "agent number" so everything would show up in their new merged database.

For some time now I will get a notification that someone submitted an application through my site but they never seem to show up in agent services website.

Last week I got a call from RSA wanting a different contact number for one of my applicants.

Someone who does not show up in agent services website . . .

I contacted my local rep who directed me to the toll free agent services line. She did agree (with considerable prodding) to research the applicant and then told me this was a house account.

When I asked why I am getting calls and emails about a house account she said I would have to contact the 800 number and ask them.

Makes me wonder what these reps are supposed to do.

A few days ago I got an email on another applicant. This time the guy also called me to ask about additional information he forgot to put on his app. He called Blue (RSA) and they told him they could not help him, he would have to send information through his agent.

That is supposed to be me.

Since he did not show up on the website (and still doesn't 5 days later) I asked him to send me a copy of the missing information, the fax number for RSA and a copy of his app.

Scrolling down to the agent section my name was there, along with my OLD agent number.

Contacted my local rep to find out how I can get Blue to changed the agent code that is embedded in my link.

Her response was, "I told you last week how to contact agent services. They can help you".

Blue loves to take agent originated electronic apps and turn them in to house accounts. Seems this is just another way that never occurred to me, until now.

and to tie into that... not one cotten pickin company rep has any use. they are worthless at teets on a boar hog and should be eliminated

what good are they? are they worth a point in comp? 2 points? what u think we give up for these loosers?

Not referring to Norvax or Quotit apps. I am referring to the online application.

Did hear back from agent no services. They tell me my old number is correct for U65 major med.

Of course when I log in to view my in force new business, the few that show up have the 10 letter code as the writing agent.

I am sure this will be corrected soon and all my commissions will start flowing, including back commissions due.

BTW, a fellow agent told me there was a glitch in the Anthem system and premium drafts did not get processed on July 6. They hope to have this worked out soon and will double draft in August.

I doubt this will create a problem for any of my clients.

Any of you hear about this?

Someone from BX is looking in to this. At first they told me I didn't know how to access agent services.

When I proved I did, they said I was getting paid on everyone I was supposed to be paid on.

Really?

So they asked for examples. Gave them the two most recent.

They have been deathly quiet since.

Thanks but no.

I have to take an ethics course in the next few days to renew my license. After I complete that, maybe I will consider your offer.

Back