Anthem CA Plans for 2014 Retention

Quotebroker

Guru
100+ Post Club
Anthem released some limited information on 2014 plans for transitioning/retaining your current block. Some highlights:

-In September they will contact all members explaining their options and directing them to contract their agent with questions

-Non ACA compliant non Grandfathered plans discontinued 1/1/14. Members on these plans have from October 1 to December 15 to select a new ACA compliant plan. If they don't select a new plan, Anthem will autoenroll them in an OFF exchange plan for 2014

-Grandfathered members- just pay their premiums and they keep their plans. They obviously have the option to change to ACA compliant plan if they so choose.

- Current AOR will be honored when transitioning members automatically as outlined above.

-Comp will be released "in the next month or so." Original comp scale applies to plans with effective dates 2013 or earlier as long as they remain in force.

-Online tools will be rolled out in September, including a subsidy estimator and an online shopper portal linked to your Agent Connect. "Here they can get a quote, learn about insurance basics, compare plans, see if they are eligible for financial help through a tax credit/subsidy and submit an online off-exchange application."

-Confirmation that it takes a SEP to enroll in a plan after open enrollment, both on and off the exchange.

Thanks for posting, received the link e-mail yesterday as well.

One thing I want to point out is the following rule"

As a participant in the state’s Individual exchange, Anthem is required to discontinue non-ACA compliant, non-grandfathered Individual plans as of January 1, 2014.

I know there has been some discussion both within CA and across states about renewal strategies on IFP. I was made clear in the Covered CA solicitation that all participating carriers must discontinue NGF plans by 12/31/13. This rule also applies to Health Net, Blue Shield and Kaiser (as well the the regional/county health plans).

Thanks for posting, received the link e-mail yesterday as well.

One thing I want to point out is the following rule"

I know there has been some discussion both within CA and across states about renewal strategies on IFP. I was made clear in the Covered CA solicitation that all participating carriers must discontinue NGF plans by 12/31/13. This rule also applies to Health Net, Blue Shield and Kaiser (as well the the regional/county health plans).

Definitely important to note, especially given CIGNA's strategy of allowing anyone written in 2013 to continue with their 2013 plan until 2014. Might be some opportunity in the fall with non-GF clients from another carrier who aren't going to receive subsidies. I'm interested to see what our lone big non-exchange carrier can do with its increased flexibility.

Back