Any Agents Suing Anthem for Unpaid Commisions

And man do you have to badger them. I'm still working on two Med Supps that were issued last June. I didn't realize until January that I hadn't been paid on them. Still trying to get it resolved.

If you have a sales rep, don't bother enlisting them for their help. They are virtually useless. A true waste of money for the company.

Couldn't have said it better myself......
I just resolved commission issues going all the way back to Feb 2011 and Mar 2011. Yes, 2011!
I don't even want to calculate the hours I spent badgering Anthem for these commissions.
I hope I live to see the day where Anthem pays me too much! Just once!

Is it legal for anthem to pay comm monthly 1/12 of renewal? For 2011 they paid full 100% owed on Feb. 2011. Now they pay 1/12 each month

I am writing Empire in NY. Anthem and Empire are both under Wellpoint, the corporation that does all the admin for these plans. I too have not been paid on over $3500 in commissions of a total of $11,000 from AEP.

I also write for Aetna and United Helathcare in NJ. I have been paid everything I was owed by United Healthcare although I did one AEP policy for Aetna and have yet to be paid the 2nd commission. They are claiming that CMS is slow in OK'ing the payment.

Rules are that the insurance company cannot pay the 2nd commission if it's a 1st time MA/MAPD client until CMS gives the OK.

So, the problem is probably with CMS.

My question is why does United Healthcare always pay within 30 days and the other companies (Empire, Emblem, Aetna - and in your case Anthem which is the same as EMpire) always have a problem paying on time.

As of this writing it's now 5 months since the end of AEP and those on this forum are still waiting for payments

I already know from the rules passed by CMS with regard to Medicare Advantage that CMS wants to discourage agents from selling the product because it is not in CMS interest to have plans being administrated outside their own roof, but this is downright goverment overreach and government acting in it's own benefit by slow approving commission payments. I wonder now if they ever will approve the payments.

And why don't these companies have any balls to stick up for the agent and request the information from CMS?
I have stopped writing for this company until this issue is resolved.

Maybe if agents stop writing business, they'll realize that they have to act on our behalf.

My next step is to complain to the insurance commissioners office to see if they can do an inquiry and maybe they'll confront CMS

I had the same experence, you spoke of. 9 months later, (alittle slow in getting to it) I did a three way conference call to Medicare, with the beneficuary & myself. To verify their ICEP/IEP. Medicare can/& will mail the beneficuary a form ltr stating their benefits. The following month, I recieved the 2nd half compensation. Good Luck.

Update: Just received an email stating the two Med Supps I have yet to be paid on since last June will be on the next commission cycle. I'm not holding my breath.

Update: Just received an email stating the two Med Supps I have yet to be paid on since last June will be on the next commission cycle. I'm not holding my breath.

Just got commission paid for a June 2011 MedSupp. A lot of work. Wounder how many cases go unpaid?
Sman, the check is in the mail!!! :twitchy::twitchy::twitchy:

I'm still waiting for a couple of true ups from AEP... FMO says that Anthem hasn't paid them... and Anthem says they paid the FMO months ago...

Who am I to believe?

My experience, Anthem Blue doesn't do a very good job of premium and commission accounting. The only one I have had more issues with is Aetna who have got to be the worst.

If Anthem says they have paid your FMO I suspect they really don't know and are just saying that.

I am on direct deposit for Anthem Blue commissions and I am contracted direct, not through an FMO. When I moved in to the gap business it took them almost 6 months to get those commissions set up on direct deposit even though my major med business was already that way.

I have been trying for 7 months to get them to post my gap commissions online.

I have been able to see major med and group commissions online from the start.

My last email to their gap commission department took 6 weeks for a response. Their suggestion was for me to sign up for access to agent services and wait on them to send me a password.

Of course I have had access to agent services for several years now, which is why I know my gap commissions are not online.

Nice to know the folks at Blue are on top of things. Gives me warm fuzzies.

Anthem Blue Cross & RENEWAL COMMISSIONS?

I don't think Anthem is paying RENEWAL commissions correctly. They are paying me on a ROLLING calendar. Rather than a YEARLY calendar.

CMS guidelines show Dec 31 is year end. Jan 1 is a new year. Which means "renewal commission" are due.

Anyone have some input on this?

Back